Partick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Airdrieonians ♦️♦️

1 hour ago, Exiledjag said:

We didn't shit the bed in Dingwall at all we were  cheated out of our promotion to the SPL by the demands of a play-off system very much designed to protect the SPL club and on the day by a very poor referee.

By the time we reached the 70th minutes when Walsh awarded RC a penalty kick for a handball that never was we should have been 4 goals up playing against 10 men. Walsh denied us the most blatant penalty you'll ever see and a RC player should have been given a red card for a clear lunge on Tiffoney. Walsh initially ignored the handball and gave  the penalty and red card  decisions but reversed the 3 decisions  on the say so of the VAR official. All to the benefit of RC.

According to commentators and pundits his initial decisions were correct and his  VAR 'influenced' decisions were wrong.

I was amazed we managed to get as far as penalty kicks. 

I suggest you watch the highlights and imagine its Airdrie playing RC. I would be interested in your opinion following that.

There has been over the past couple of seasons a lot of talk about football integrity well as far as the play-off system  and that particular game there was no football  integrity attached to any aspect.

if you're pointing fingers then Bannigan/Brownlie are more culpable than the ref; possibly Doolan for the subs, too. I felt bad about scapegoating Bannigan after a while (was just fucked off at the way the game went) & did go to his testimonial, but he had a great chance in extra time to win it and fucked his penalty. Brownlie turned very easily at one of the County goals, and Bannigan sclaffed a clearance for one of the others iirc.

29 minutes ago, baba douche said:

C'mon, event though we got shite decisions against us, we still did shite the bed a wee bit.

The referee didn't make us concede again about 90 seconds after the first goal.

This as well, yeah. Holt at the kick off giving County the ball back straight after conceding & his pish penalty...

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

20 minutes ago, baba douche said:

C'mon, event though we got shite decisions against us, we still did shite the bed a wee bit.

The referee didn't make us concede again about 90 seconds after the first goal.

I accept all these points and they are valid.

But not one response acknowledges the impact of the play-off system in terms of fatigue and the cumulative affect on the players of a referee who couldnt get the most obvious decisions correct.

The only reason RC were still in the game was because our players were very tired in the second half at firhill.

That  was when I first noticed tiredness as a factor. I take nothing away from RC . Their defenders made some great blocks in that second half but our players were guilty of over running the ball, guilty of clumsy first touches and wild swipes at the ball all when in good scoring positions.

I also knew from past experience that when I saw who the ref was we wern't going to make to the SPL and I said that to two friends -a Rangers and an Airdrie supporter- before a ball was kicked.

To say we shat the bed is an insult to our players. Do Jags supporters who say this expect players of the character of Holt and Docherty to do this!

I say again it was a testament to the  character of the players that we made it through extra time.

Clearly on a public thread I can't say what I would really like to say but I am sure you know where I am thinking

35 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

if you're pointing fingers then Bannigan/Brownlie are more culpable than the ref; possibly Doolan for the subs, too. I felt bad about scapegoating Bannigan after a while (was just fucked off at the way the game went) & did go to his testimonial, but he had a great chance in extra time to win it and fucked his penalty. Brownlie turned very easily at one of the County goals, and Bannigan sclaffed a clearance for one of the others iirc.

This as well, yeah. Holt at the kick off giving County the ball back straight after conceding & his pish penalty...

And Docherty kicking the ball out of play straight from the kick off.  
Ross County had been the better team during the game but we should have been able to see the game out. However,those decisions were crucial in respect of the rest of the game.

Happy with yesterday's performance,three points ,clean sheet and goals a plenty.Pass marks for all ,however,Neilson and to a greater extent MacMillan really need to sharpen up a bit as next couple of games against Airdrie will be a different proposition. 

Edited by I Clavdivs

1 hour ago, Exiledjag said:

But not one response acknowledges the impact of the play-off system in terms of fatigue and the cumulative affect on the players of a referee who couldnt get the most obvious decisions correct.

The only reason RC were still in the game was because our players were very tired in the second half at firhill.

Not sure that argument holds water. Ross County played on the 20th, 24th and 28th leading up to the final. We played on the 19th and 26th.

32 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Not sure that argument holds water. Ross County played on the 20th, 24th and 28th leading up to the final. We played on the 19th and 26th.

I imagine that Ross County had a larger squad than us, which probably would have had an impact on fitness.

18 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I imagine that Ross County had a larger squad than us, which probably would have had an impact on fitness.

They named an incomplete bench for both legs (7 subs for first leg and 6 for second) while we named a full one. While we would have had a couple of kids on the bench that had no chance of getting on I'm not sure that the larger squad argument is true. 

45 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

They named an incomplete bench for both legs (7 subs for first leg and 6 for second) while we named a full one. While we would have had a couple of kids on the bench that had no chance of getting on I'm not sure that the larger squad argument is true. 

As I said, it was just a thought.