🦨🦨 Dunfermline v The Caley 🔴🔵

5 minutes ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

He was shithawking that pish banter about before the Raith game too.

To be fair to him, ICT came out of that game with their second best defensive record intact. They struck the woodwork a few times as well.

Edited by Specky Ginger

21 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Acceptable but at what point is the ball hitting the post or post and in? 

They're not posts anymore, they are sticks. Especially the back one. Where have you been? 

7 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

To be fair to him, ICT came out of that game with their second best defensive record intact. They struck the woodwork a few times as well.

I think it’s been established that there’s no woodwork, Mr/Mrs/whatever you identify as Ginger. 

18 hours ago, CallumPar said:

To be fair, it’s very impressive to lose over 40% of your games, despite having the second best defence in the league.

The only time we've lost by more than one goal was against Airdrie at the start of the year. We never get hammered but it appears to point towards a team that doesn't take much to be defeated because they are so toothless at the other end of the pitch.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

The only time we've lost by more than one goal was against Airdrie at the start of the year. We never get hammered but it appears to point towards a team that doesn't take much to be defeated because they are so toothless at the other end of the pitch.

As last Friday showed.

19 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

As last Friday showed.

Pretty much. We have almost nothing going for us in an attacking sense. Which made the decision to sign something like 6 defenders in January even more bizarre as it was a part of the team that wasn't really that bad.

29 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

As last Friday showed.

At least we actually created chances on Friday. The majority of our games this season you would struggle to pick out one clear cut chance that we had.

Even the goals we score are, generally, out of nothing.

I haven't been to many games this season but watching the game on Friday night on TV, our forwards seemed to be constantly dropping off, going deep to pick up the ball.  That can be effective - Samuel hit the post coming from deep in the second half but I think if we had at least one striker sticking up front we'd be more of a threat.  Look at the goal Raith scored - it wasn't some sort of intricate move or tactical genius, we cleared from a chance Raith had, their centre back knocked it back in, it was flicked on, one of our defenders was late getting out playing Vaughan onside and he produces a really good finish to score.

We are massively unlikely to score goals like that.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I haven't been to many games this season but watching the game on Friday night on TV, our forwards seemed to be constantly dropping off, going deep to pick up the ball.  That can be effective - Samuel hit the post coming from deep in the second half but I think if we had at least one striker sticking up front we'd be more of a threat.  Look at the goal Raith scored - it wasn't some sort of intricate move or tactical genius, we cleared from a chance Raith had, their centre back knocked it back in, it was flicked on, one of our defenders was late getting out playing Vaughan onside and he produces a really good finish to score.

We are massively unlikely to score goals like that.

Mckay has been doing that all season. I'd say he is actually being played in a deeper role ever since Wotherspoon left. Which then means when we do get into decent positions we don't have anybody in the box as he is still trying to catch back up with the play. There has been a fair amount of criticism of him recently, on twitter, which I think is extremely harsh. I'm still fairly confident he would score a fair share of goals in a team where he was a normal striker and they created a couple of decent chances per game.

Friday was actually the most "direct" we have been in a long time, if you want to call it that, Samuel and McAllister both driving from deep with the ball and it was incredibly effective. Would like to see much more of that rather than the slow build up play which allows teams to get everyone behind the ball and set up in defensive positions.

Our defence is far from perfect, as the goal we conceded proved, but it is more than good enough for the Championship. The issue is that when we do concede the odds of us scoring 2 goals are incredibly long.

McAllister was excellent the other night - it shows how desperate we are for anything going forward that a guy who we didn't expect to get back this eason and was then subbed on unexpectedly after 15 minutes ended up being one of our main attacking threats.

Wouldn't be surprised if he started on Saturday.

I've always liked the look of him when he was on the park but you could tell he hasn't played a lot of first team football. I think he has been quite a big miss while he was out injured. No chance we will have him next season but I would have thought he would be a very important player for us if he could get 10 or so games under his belt.

12 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Big game this. Queens Park probably gonna beat Arbroath I reckon.

And Livingston to beat Ross County which will see a return of the local derby next season when county lose the playoff.

2 hours ago, CityDave94 said:

Arbroath to win to prove Big Dunc is wrong.

As for us another 0-0 beckons.

I'm going for us to win 1-0.

Yeah maybe right, see what happens. Many ICT fans travelling?