Your Oldest Item of Clothing

22 hours ago, hk blues said:

My son was looking for a pair of brown shoes so we took a look in my shoe cabinet.  There were a half-dozen pairs of so that were from the early 2000's.  He's now the new owner of a pair of brown ankle boots from Next - the price tag was still on them b.t.w £49.something.  

Update - the sole fell off one of the shoes when he was out last night. 🤣

On 23/04/2024 at 12:04, Florentine_Pogen said:

Hugo Boss was responsible for designing & manufacturing the black Nazi SS uniforms and also Hitler Youth outfits.

Was Grandad a straight-arm saluting rabid anti-Semite ?

Yes, but there was more to him than that.

I've still got my first gig tshirt (A) from 2002 but it's been retired to my mum's loft due to holes under the arms. Oldest I still wear I think is an Offspring one from 2005.

Footballwise I've got a claret 'Well top from when we were sponsored by The Untouchables, sometime around 02-04. It's actually in much better nick than the Cash Converters one I've got from the 2010's.

I've been mostly wearing the same shoes for over a decade now, and they feel brand new.  That said, I only bought them last month as I just buy an identical pair every few years once the sole wears through seeing as they've not been discontinued yet.  Quickest shoe shopping ever.

ETA: I regularly wear my Scotland strip from 2006 (the 'Gary Caldwell vs France' one) whilst hill walking / caving as it makes a handy light underlayer and stays warm even when wet.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I've a pair of leather timby boots that I still wear that are 20 plus years. I've even used them the odd time for hill walking and a few times I've debated to throw them out after a wee bit of polish they come up great. I think I may have replaced the laces at some point so not sure if that counts. Absolutely no chance you could get something so well made or heavy duty these days from what is now a fashion brand really.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've been mostly wearing the same shoes for over a decade now, and they feel brand new.  That said, I only bought them last month as I just buy an identical pair every few years once the sole wears through seeing as they've not been discontinued yet.  Quickest shoe shopping ever.

ETA: I regularly wear my Scotland strip from 2006 (the 'Gary Caldwell vs France' one) whilst hill walking / caving as it makes a handy light underlayer and stays warm even when wet.

images.jpeg-1.jpg

On 22/04/2024 at 22:40, coprolite said:

My leather jacket turns 30 in a few weeks. Been in the cupboard mainly for about the last ten to fifteen. Tried it on last month and got a vicious slagging off the kids for having a midlife crisis. I looked fuckin cool though 

IMG_9285.gif.8c4caf2869ee4a04fab6a5efe9a08abf.gif

Happy days!

I'm sure the younger posters will be absolutely shocked by the number of leather jackets being mentioned by their elders  :P

I have several ties I  inherited from my father, at least 70 years old (get worn to interviews on occasion). As for actual "clothes" clothes, I have a couple of dress shirts from the 90's I can still wear.

Pair of Doc Boots from late 80’s that I still wear but bought a new pair last year, they aren’t as comfy so prefer the old pair.  
Also a Ted Baker denim jacket from about 1990 but it is begining to feel a bit tight across the shoulders now. 

On 23/04/2024 at 12:05, Darren said:

I wouldn't have thought of ties, but I inherited some of my grandad's so it'll be them.

Ties are not clothing, so not it will not.