Airdrieonians vs The Champions - 26/04/24

15 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Hilarious from the Dundee Utd fans, glad to see they all had on there best running shoes.

2 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Aye but I don’t recall us scrapping with Hamilton or Falkirk fans? You wouldn’t expect that sort of stuff off of a so called ‘premier’ club 

Lads,  is a View From the Terrace friendly forum. Nobody here cares.

The Airdrie fan ranting about United fans mugging themselves off could have had me involved in a wee pile-y on if he didn't turn into fucking Sky Sports and say 'Dundee fans'.

Roaster.

The pitch invasion looked like a bit of shithousery tbh given the job was done last week.... expected more of a reaction from the Airdrie proud boys to the desecration of their hallowed turf.

2 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

Aye but I don’t recall us scrapping with Hamilton or Falkirk fans? You wouldn’t expect that sort of stuff off of a so called ‘premier’ club 

Only cause we’d have kicked f**k out you.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

2 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Probably the best anyone has played against us all season. Airdrie were excellent, and should have won. Play like that in the playoffs and they'll have a great shot of going up.

No if they can’t score. Let them down most of the season.

6 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

No if they can’t score. Let them down most of the season.

Correct! This is why most Airdrie fans are surprised that we made the play-offs in our first season back in the Championship. 

Thought Airdrie were very good last night, just missing a striker. Megwa and Lyall the stand outs for me.

From the teams in the play off positions I aways wanted Raith to go up with United, however, wouldn't mind Airdrie going up if they continue to play like that.

The only downside of the 2, those plastic pitches! 

Also, These pitch invasions need to stop. I know the vast majority of fans (from all clubs) are well behaved but some people get far too excited and think it's OK to act as they please 

10 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Bit encouraging that coming off the back of a scudding at FIrhill. Don’t know what Utd were playing at, camped on their 18 yard line for large parts of the game, allowing us to play in front of them… maybe that’s Jim getting them prepared for how they’ll play in the Prem.

As for the exuberance of the Dundee Utd faithful, well we enjoyed our time at New Douglas Park last May and also at The Falkirk Stadium in March, so suppose we’ll take that one on the chin… literally.

Airdrie by far the better team last night, played some nice football for this level but don't have an end product. If you can get a lethal finisher in then you can certainly go for promotion next year again if you don't make it through the playoffs this season. 

It seemed like the United team just weren't up for it at all and couldn't be arsed chasing the Airdrie players around, when we did have the ball we were playing the safe option way too many times, too many players were off it. Maybe it was a tactical decision to just sit off which worries me about Goodwin as we should of been doing the opposite and force mistakes. 

10 hours ago, mcginns said:

The pitch invasion looked like a bit of shithousery tbh given the job was done last week.... expected more of a reaction from the Airdrie proud boys to the desecration of their hallowed turf.

Are you commentating on what you didn't see either at the game or on camera? Because there definitely was a reaction from Airdrie fans coming onto the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Glen Scotia said:

Thought Airdrie were very good last night, just missing a striker. Megwa and Lyall the stand outs for me.

From the teams in the play off positions I aways wanted Raith to go up with United, however, wouldn't mind Airdrie going up if they continue to play like that.

The only downside of the 2, those plastic pitches! 

Also, These pitch invasions need to stop. I know the vast majority of fans (from all clubs) are well behaved but some people get far too excited and think it's OK to act as they please 

The issue last night that not content with celebrating in the middle of the park a number of your fans came right over to the main stand to wind the Airdrie fans up. There was no need for that. Some did go over to the corner where our lot were although to be fair didn't really hang about there. But by then our mob were incensed by it all and cue the pile on to the pitch and then the boxing match started. 

39 minutes ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

The issue last night that not content with celebrating in the middle of the park a number of your fans came right over to the main stand to wind the Airdrie fans up. There was no need for that. Some did go over to the corner where our lot were although to be fair didn't really hang about there. But by then our mob were incensed by it all and cue the pile on to the pitch and then the boxing match started. 

Yeah it was stupid behaviour from the fans who went over there and also jumped on the goalposts. No excuse. it also meant the fans who stayed in the stand didn't get a chance to celebrate with the players, not that they did much to earn it last night. Playing a football match last night didn't seem to be top of their list of things to do this week. 

1 hour ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

not being funny but why were Airdrie supporters still in the ground to watch us celebrate ? I'd have been right down the road

39 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

Yeah it was stupid behaviour from the fans who went over there and also jumped on the goalposts. No excuse. it also meant the fans who stayed in the stand didn't get a chance to celebrate with the players, not that they did much to earn it last night. Playing a football match last night didn't seem to be top of their list of things to do this week. 

that performance was more down to Goodman than the players, got the shape and tactics all wrong and didnt know what to do to change it

26 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

not being funny but why were Airdrie supporters still in the ground to watch us celebrate ? I'd have been right down the road

The mad notion of showing appreciation to a team that has performed well above expectations all season and continued to do so last night seems lost on you. 

For what it’s worth I’m of the opinion that we should’ve sucked the pitch invasion up, we had our day last season at Hamilton and again last month in Falkirk but I can’t get my head around the way some of your lot went about it. Each to their own though.  Also hope there’s some condemnation from both clubs today or over the weekend, throwing flares at players isn’t on and likewise going on for a boxing match. Onto the match, I found myself thinking about how much damage we could’ve done this season with a proper goal scorer in the mould of Paton at Queens Park at the same time I’m really happy with how performed considering we still have a few players still to come back into the team. It kind of had the feel from a United perspective that yous had to just turn up and we’d roll over but that wasn’t to be.

Terrible performance last night (except Walton and 2 cb’s), looked like a team who had spent the week celebrating, absolutely miles off it but f**k it, it’s now official so let the celebrations continue. 

PS thank you to Airdrie for making Raith your bitches this season, get past Partick and you must fancy your chances of getting to the final. 

1 hour ago, Diamond8 said:

The mad notion of showing appreciation to a team that has performed well above expectations all season and continued to do so last night seems lost on you. 

For what it’s worth I’m of the opinion that we should’ve sucked the pitch invasion up, we had our day last season at Hamilton and again last month in Falkirk but I can’t get my head around the way some of your lot went about it. Each to their own though.  Also hope there’s some condemnation from both clubs today or over the weekend, throwing flares at players isn’t on and likewise going on for a boxing match. Onto the match, I found myself thinking about how much damage we could’ve done this season with a proper goal scorer in the mould of Paton at Queens Park at the same time I’m really happy with how performed considering we still have a few players still to come back into the team. It kind of had the feel from a United perspective that yous had to just turn up and we’d roll over but that wasn’t to be.

you have the better manager hope we come and take him

4 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

Agree with Diamond 8, as it was the last home league game (before the play offs) fans were showing their appreciation for the team's efforts this season, also the performance against the champions. 

The daft thing was that if the United fans had stayed put your players would have been in and out with the Winners t shirts on in no time. As it was it was all over the place and by the time the players did come out the fans had vanished!