Airdrieonians vs The Champions - 26/04/24

5 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

not being funny but why were Airdrie supporters still in the ground to watch us celebrate ? I'd have been right down the road

You must be the thickest poster on here. 

Can the HOME fans no applaud their team for their efforts this season? 

Pretty shit ‘celebrations’ in all honesty. Cringing at how forced the pitch invasion was.

2 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

You must be the thickest poster on here. 

Can the HOME fans no applaud their team for their efforts this season? 

Pretty shit ‘celebrations’ in all honesty. Cringing at how forced the pitch invasion was.

by the time the fighting started the all the player had been away up the tunnel for 10 mins

1 minute ago, Arab_R_us said:

by the time the fighting started the all the player had been away up the tunnel for 10 mins

I suppose the spectacle of watching a few thousand grown men try and scrap with wee boys was quite amusing also. Cringe 

Last week's invasion was on our own pitch and that was fine given that we had effectively won the league and promotion.

I'm not for pitch invasions on opposition's turf/plastic. Its not respectful and I wouldn't want some bunch of opposition c**** doing that at Tannadice.

Apologies for that Airdrie. The only mitigation I can offer is that our fans have had a shite decade and reasons to be cheerful/celebrate have been few and far between. So maybe just a big relief and an opportunity to go delirious played a part.

Well played Airdrie last night. I hope you join us in promotion to the PL. Top marks to Jack Walton in the Utd goal too. I hope he comes back to Utd on a contract next season.

42 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d wager that a fair number of those Arabs who invade the pitch last night and last week are people who rarely attend games.

They were lining up along the advertising boards from about the 85th minute ready to go.

I'm no fan of pitch invasions in general, but can accept them as a euphoric reaction to a last minute winner in a massive game or something similar, but last night was just pre-planned cuntery. And as I said last night, the fact they did it after arguably our worst performance of the season was just utterly embarrassing.

6 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

how the f**k did you get pumped off Thistle ? 

Good first half from us, 2nd half collapse. Nothing between the clubs previous 3 games.

All the best for next season in the Premiership, deserved winners of the league despite Raith breathing down your necks and a few slip ups where they didn't take advantage. Held your nerve and got over the line, at the end of the day a club your size don't want to be stuck in this league, got up in 1 season, job done. 

New to this but thought airdrie by far the  better team,watched it on the TV cos I couldn't make it ɓut thought it was typical end of season fare.to the united fans who were on the goall posts at the end you are an absolute minter to our club and I have no words

8 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Yer stuck with Goodwin, he's just won the league so surely that buys him some good grace?

It didn't with Dundee's manager last season, and it was probably the best decision they made.

1 hour ago, baba douche said:

It didn't with Dundee's manager last season, and it was probably the best decision they made.

Think he fell out with everyone though? 

Unless Goodwin has a similar relationship it's not comparable and McCabe doesn't really need to go anywhere in a hurry so won't go to any clubs where the guys in charge are trigger happy at the 1st sign of trouble. Even for more money.