4 minutes ago, mealsonwheels said:

Hahahhahahaha

Tell you what, If we don't get promoted then the only comfort will be we do not have to listen to DU posters dribbling on

....ye think??

We should have won that probably but raith didn’t look interested and we still couldn’t finish our chances. Been the story of the past couple of seasons that we miss big chances at key times of the game and fail to go on to win . We are just nowhere near clinical enough. 

4 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

yep, Partick will give them a harder game IMO

Every chance. You know we’re not that good..which makes the hard work you made of the title a little embarrassing at your end. Least you got your multiple pitch invasions though for winning the 2nd tier. I fully expect us to be horsed out the playoffs…anything more would be a very welcome surprise but Championship football is absolutely alright with me. 

24 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Try n beat Inverness next week 

It's win win - whatever we do we help facilitate a horrible entity sinking into the playoffs.

Our season in a nutshell today. Played pretty well, created the better chances (without a draw actually being unfair though) but didn't have the cutting edge to get us over the line. Difficult to judge too much given the lowered stakes involved but I thought the defence did well throughout. 

In the big picture we've had a decent season - excellent in cup competitions, both financially and in performance terms. The club has turned a substantial profit in back to back years after losing money like a sieve for the past 25 years - these are not minor things.

Given the loss of key first team players last summer I'm not surprised we had to just consolidate our position in the end - I'd have expected that before a ball was kicked. But with both Airdrie and Partick sitting on entirely achievable points totals, the sense of a lost opportunity can't be overlooked either.

As for the pre-match discussion about referees and the disproportionate yellow card count for Morton, Colin Steven's display today summed up why statistics do not reflect the reality of a football game. For whatever reason - quite possibly the 'reputation' built up by a parade of opposition managers - his default option was simply to award a stoppage or foul whenever a Raith player went to ground. Which Raith defenders quite understandably used to their advantage to take off any pressure, but some of the decisions made were utterly laughable. 

Ironically the clearest foul on a Raith player in the entire game was overlooked halfway through the second half, leading to a breakaway that Crawford should have done much better with. 

I don't think Steven's display had a major impact on the outcome of the game but the final foul count will reflect the predisposition of that clown rather than either high pressing intensity or dirty b*****d play shown in today's game. Neither of which were on display - with the singular exception of Broadfoot clearing out Rudden in the first half. 

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Was Tyler French involved in some sort of madcap bodyswap incident around the time he left Dundee for Morton? 

We've been wondering the same thing all season. He was highly regarded by Dees fans who were really looking forward to him going back to them fully fit after the serious leg break halfway through last season. The whole objective of him coming to Cappielow on loan was to get match-fit. But he's just been bang-average. No sign of the pace going forward that we thought he had - he's been just a bog-standard Championship defender who's only realistically in our starting XI because we don't have anyone else. A great disappointment. In his defence, that injury would have ended the careers of many players - it was a really bad one. I've actually wondered if he's subliminally avoiding getting stuck in through fear of another injury. Who knows.

All the best for the playoffs.

36 minutes ago, virginton said:

Our season in a nutshell today. Played pretty well, created the better chances (without a draw actually being unfair though) but didn't have the cutting edge to get us over the line. Difficult to judge too much given the lowered stakes involved but I thought the defence did well throughout. 

In the big picture we've had a decent season - excellent in cup competitions, both financially and in performance terms. The club has turned a substantial profit in back to back years after losing money like a sieve for the past 25 years - these are not minor things.

Given the loss of key first team players last summer I'm not surprised we had to just consolidate our position in the end - I'd have expected that before a ball was kicked. But with both Airdrie and Partick sitting on entirely achievable points totals, the sense of a lost opportunity can't be overlooked either.

A fair assessment all round VT, but ultimately still disappointing nonetheless given our tremendous mid-season form - especially the point at which a win would have taken us to 3rd above Partick. It felt like we were unstoppable and going like a steam train - but we then just brickwalled. But hey ho. Onwards and upwards to next season.

2 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

We've been wondering the same thing all season. He was highly regarded by Dees fans who were really looking forward to him going back to them fully fit after the serious leg break halfway through last season. The whole objective of him coming to Cappielow on loan was to get match-fit. But he's just been bang-average. No sign of the pace going forward that we thought he had - he's been just a bog-standard Championship defender who's only realistically in our starting XI because we don't have anyone else. A great disappointment. 

French's pace is more obvious in recovering defensively (often from his own mistake) and for that reason alone I can see why managers would want him in their back line. Critics of French overlook just how gubbins our centre back pairings would have been without that help IMO.

I'd much rather have Jamie Brandon back once Livingston go down/into admin again, but other than moving O'Connor across to play right back for a while, I'd avoid going back out on the open market looking for a different option.

Just now, virginton said:

French's pace is more obvious in recovering defensively (often from his own mistake) and for that reason alone I can see why managers would want him in their back line. Critics of French overlook just how gubbins our centre back pairings would have been without that help IMO.

I'd much rather have Jamie Brandon back once Livingston go down/into admin again, but other than moving O'Connor across to play right back for a while, I'd avoid going back out on the open market looking for a different option.

Ross Millen coming in seems obvious, I’ve never rated him but wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at Cappielow next season. 

2 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

tell you what airdrie will pump raith, raith are crap

Aye, the Raith team that pumped your lot, hope we meet next season, the points we get will send you back down 🤣

49 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Ross Millen coming in seems obvious, I’ve never rated him but wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at Cappielow next season. 

Wouldn't be a bad signing. Got a great cross on him but is pretty slow and isn't amazing at closing down crosses etc. Complete wum, so would probably fit in well. 

Have nothing to say about the game (didn't see it) other than glad we've came through relatively unscathed and more minutes to fringe players, with the playoffs in mind.