St Mirren v Sevco 2012 Sunday 28th April

On 25/04/2024 at 11:49, Coventry Saint said:

Watching the end of the Dons/Celtic game the other day, despite what a Celtic win meant for 5th place, I still found myself wanting Aberdeen to win.

It's just impossible to root for them on any level.

What I did was will Aberdeen to lose, which somehow felt more comfortable.

9 hours ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

I’ve never understood why Buds don’t go to these games. They sing stupid songs and make stupid noises but that honestly never bothers me. I guess I just zone if out and even if I could make out their noise I would just ignore it. 

I’m with you on this. Although, whilst there are undoubtedly a lot of adults that don’t go, the biggest noticeable impact on the crowd is always in the family stand which I guess is understandable. I personally wouldn’t have worried about taking my kids along when they were younger (never did me any harm), but I respect the views of those who think differently. 

10 hours ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

I’ve never understood why Buds don’t go to these games. They sing stupid songs and make stupid noises but that honestly never bothers me. I guess I just zone if out and even if I could make out their noise I would just ignore it. 

I will be there but games against them are very rarely enjoyable due to our lack of good results against them.

1 other reason,  have we ever played them at 3pm on a Sat at home since we moved ground ?

Sunday early k/o times doesn't help either. 

11 hours ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

I can understand why fans are fed up with the bile their fans spout. It's not an atmosphere I enjoy but I go regardless. 

I won't not support our team because their fans can't move on and realise being a bigot is a blight on their club and the culture of the West of Scotland. 

Best way to silence them is to win so fingers crossed we can grab 3 points

The main reasons attendances drop in matches v the b(h)igots are the ko times (invariably a Saturday or, even worse, Sunday lunchtime), live TV coverage and the cost.

Selected previous home games, 2xadults and 20xU12s is £70.

Tomorrow is...

Adults - £33

Concessions - £23 (includes Over 65, 13yr-17yr and Unemployed)

Under 12 - £14.

I simply cannot bring myself to root for THEM, much as it pains me. 

Plus, the lols of the Philipe Clement huffathon continuing are worth the net 2 point gain Saints would make on us this weekend. 

Mon the Buddies. 

8 hours ago, Fide said:

Plus, the lols of the Philipe Clement huffathon continuing are worth the net 2 point gain Saints would make on us this weekend. 

Mon the Buddies. 

To be fair, you don't need to worry about us overtaking you. That ship sailed after our 5 goal second half thrashing.<_<

You can safely watch and will them to lose.

When I was younger I wasn’t allowed to go to the games against the cheeks, could have been for either

horrible away support singing horrible songs

fear of being caught up in fights which were all the rage in the 80’s

price hike for these games which, for my Dad paying for 2, would be a lot more than normal

10 hours ago, Fide said:

Mon the Buddies. 

Cannot agree, whilst in no way rooting for them I would like both games today to finish all square.

Knowing Killies ability to make the extremely unlikely into very possible I won’t rest until the maths are complete.

Looking forward to our visit to the SMiSA in a couple of weeks, only issue being the OF game taking place on same day will curtail social interaction in town. 

33 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

When I was younger I wasn’t allowed to go to the games against the cheeks, could have been for either

price hike for these games which, for my Dad paying for 2, would be a lot more than normal

Back in the 80s I actually associate trouble/fighting more with Hearts and Hibs games than I do Old Firm games.

But my maw couldnae have loved me as much as yours did you, coz she let me go to any game 🤣

33 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

Back in the 80s I actually associate trouble/fighting more with Hearts and Hibs games than I do Old Firm games.

But my maw couldnae have loved me as much as yours did you, coz she let me go to any game 🤣

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'd have had Baccus and Olusanya in place of B-M and McMenamin.

Prove me wrong guys.

100% agree mate. 
I’d possibly go as far as saying swap out CBM and O’Hara for Baccus and Kwon. Definitely Olusanya for McMenamin though. 

Amazed Olusanya hasn't started as the no.9 to stretch Souttar and Balogun and run in behind. He could cause some chaos as a sub mind you 

Big game for McMenamin, needs a good end to the season