St Mirren v Sevco 2012 Sunday 28th April

Just now, AJF said:

During which period it was much easier to get a ticket. Now, it is very difficult, hence my comment. I’m not sure why this has caused offence.

Because you're making out, by stating "that it is lower than it was before", that it was always that way.

Rangers and Celtic received both stands for 2 seasons only. Not 2009 when the stadium opened, not 09/10 to 11/12, not the season played in the championship, not the covid curtailed season.

Seasons 2020/21 and 21/22 only.

16 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Because you're making out, by stating "that it is lower than it was before", that it was always that way.

Did I? Or is that just the way you’ve interpreted it?

For the sake of moving on, I will be more clear: it is a lot harder to get a ticket for St Mirren matches now compared to the period of time where we were allocated two stands.

3 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Boyd made the point that to have the reputation of missing so many chances yet to still score 20 this season you have to regularly be in possession of the ball in a position to score so he must be doing something right. 

Boyd havers an endless stream of absolute shite though.

5 hours ago, AJF said:

Dessers is an enigma. How he has managed to score 20 goals despite the numerous chances he squanders is astonishing. A far more competent striker is required, but he is quite likeable and does work hard so I’m glad he got the winner.

Dessers havers an endless stream of absolute shite though.

7 minutes ago, mcginns said:

Was just looking at the match stats there.... no mention of the red card for the ballboy!?

Instant ban for a straight red. Should be back for the Killie game though, assuming they can serve the suspension during an away game.

14 minutes ago, mcginns said:

Was just looking at the match stats there.... no mention of the red card for the ballboy!?

It was a yellow for throwing the ball away from Balogun, upgraded to a red after VAR reviewed his barnet.

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

It was a yellow for throwing the ball away from Balogun, upgraded to a red after VAR reviewed his barnet.

Yet they missed Dressers pushing his hand into Boltons face for the 1st goal. 😉

Though if VAR can intervene on hair issues Todd. Chuntwell needs a slap for his hair band 🤦🏼‍♂️

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

We were the better team overall I thought, but you simply cannot get away with the mistakes Hemming and Bolton made for the 2 goals.

Dessers cleary pushed Bolton which caused him to slip into Hemming, both teams had been doing it the whole game. 

Edited by Lola montez

1 minute ago, Lola montez said:

Desserts cleary pushed Bolton which caused him to slip into Hemming, both teams had been doing it the whole game. 

Not for me I'm afraid. I don't see a foul there. He's under pressure from Dessers and just has to be stronger. He goes down, right in front of Hemming, impeding him getting anywhere near it.

A shame as Bolton has been excellent for us since nailing down his spot, but I'm looking for him to do better there.

16 hours ago, tazz1903 said:

2 TV Fans , who never attend games posting 😏

What a bizarre take.

Only people that were there in person are allowed to comment on the game?  This place would be a lot quieter if that was the case.

20 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

What a bizarre take.

Only people that were there in person are allowed to comment on the game?  This place would be a lot quieter if that was the case.

If I recall correctly, they once asked me to prove I have a season ticket for some bizarre reason. Odd character.

25 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Not for me I'm afraid. I don't see a foul there. He's under pressure from Dessers and just has to be stronger. He goes down, right in front of Hemming, impeding him getting anywhere near it.

A shame as Bolton has been excellent for us since nailing down his spot, but I'm looking for him to do better there.

This is how I see it. Bolton has to be stronger there. Couldn't fault him for the first goal - that's unlucky, but he needs to do better at the second. 

Disappointing l, as I thought over the piece we actually defended quite well. Dessers didn't get much change out of Gogic all game. Just two daft errors that cost us.

Butland on Olusanya was barely a foul, much less a red. You can't clear a ball at the expense of going through a player but Butland doesn't go through Toyosi, he clears his lines and Olusanya runs into him. I've seen it compared to Olusanya's red vs Celtic earlier in the season and that'sfair enough but Olusanya in that incident has his foot high and studs showing in an area where Hart's head was. Butland hasn't even got his feet up and sort of just hip bumps into him. Nothing in it for me.

Same with Bolton vs Dessers, Bolton is just really uncharacteristically weak there and allowed himself to be bullied a wee bit. Dessers should never be getting anywhere near that header.

Hemming's positioning at both goals also really annoyed me. He has to have the spatial awareness that if a ball is coming in so high and so fast, let it drop out. Nobody is getting on the back of it without him killing it and knocking it towards the Rangers player given he just kept it in and no more. I think Hemming is easily spooked by those sort of crosses as he left one vs Aberdeen early in the season and it dropped in at the back post. But generally if you're at full stretch and not going to claim it, you should be able to make the snap judgement of where it's going. The second goal whilst not really his fault, he was still in a really bizarre position that you simply couldn't see him getting anything on a cross from there.

20 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Boyd made the point that to have the reputation of missing so many chances yet to still score 20 this season you have to regularly be in possession of the ball in a position to score so he must be doing something right. 

If you took what Dessrs has and added clinical finishing, then he wouldn't be playing for Rangers. He's with you for a reason.

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Butland on Olusanya was barely a foul, much less a red. You can't clear a ball at the expense of going through a player but Butland doesn't go through Toyosi, he clears his lines and Olusanya runs into him. I've seen it compared to Olusanya's red vs Celtic earlier in the season and that'sfair enough but Olusanya in that incident has his foot high and studs showing in an area where Hart's head was. Butland hasn't even got his feet up and sort of just hip bumps into him. Nothing in it for me.

Same with Bolton vs Dessers, Bolton is just really uncharacteristically weak there and allowed himself to be bullied a wee bit. Dessers should never be getting anywhere near that header.

Hemming's positioning at both goals also really annoyed me. He has to have the spatial awareness that if a ball is coming in so high and so fast, let it drop out. Nobody is getting on the back of it without him killing it and knocking it towards the Rangers player given he just kept it in and no more. I think Hemming is easily spooked by those sort of crosses as he left one vs Aberdeen early in the season and it dropped in at the back post. But generally if you're at full stretch and not going to claim it, you should be able to make the snap judgement of where it's going. The second goal whilst not really his fault, he was still in a really bizarre position that you simply couldn't see him getting anything on a cross from there.

Tanser letting Tavernier onto his right foot and letting him get a cross in was the catalyst for it all.

Compared to earlier in the season, the performance of the defence collectively has dropped a fair bit IMO.

If we defend like that against Dundee we'll be heading back down the road with zero points.