St Mirren v Sevco 2012 Sunday 28th April

What makes it doubly annoying is that we got more than a fair crack of the whip from the officials and VAR was nowhere to be seen. Not a sniff of a Tavernier penalty, no dodgy red card, nothing. If anything, the single most questionable decision was to book Butland. Only ourselves to blame.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

At the end of the season...

"Super Zach Hemming can go."

Poor for the first goal today. The second one too, although Bolton fell into him. He still had a few decent saves.

I think he's had a good season overall, I'd be happy enough if he was still here next season.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Hemming has done us out of at least a point today. Simple as that. Everything else was a good, solid performance against an Old Firm opponent.

He is prone to mistakes. Happy for him to go back to his club and a new keeper brought in. 

Good performance today, just frustrating how cheap the goals were.

I think Robinson messed up the first sub, Olusanya should have been on earlier and playing with Mandron instead of replacing him. Strain and McMenamin were both knackered and Barisic would have really struggled with Olusanya on his wing.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Dessers is an enigma. How he has managed to score 20 goals despite the numerous chances he squanders is astonishing. A far more competent striker is required, but he is quite likeable and does work hard so I’m glad he got the winner.

Boyd made the point that to have the reputation of missing so many chances yet to still score 20 this season you have to regularly be in possession of the ball in a position to score so he must be doing something right. 

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Poor for the first goal today. The second one too, although Bolton fell into him. He still had a few decent saves.

I think he's had a good season overall, I'd be happy enough if he was still here next season.

He's been poor at cross balls for weeks now. For some reason he'll barrel out and try a mad punch or swipe away rather than catch. 

I won't mind if he's here next season but I definitely also wouldn't be too fussed if we rolled the dice.

19 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Boyd made the point that to have the reputation of missing so many chances yet to still score 20 this season you have to regularly be in possession of the ball in a position to score so he must be doing something right. 

He does do some things right, but a more composed and clinical finisher is likely grabbing a good few more goals from the opportunities he has passed up.

I don’t think he is a terrible player, but to see out the second half of the season with him as our only fit natural striker, especially since we knew that Sima was going to be missing for an extended period who was the joint top scorer in the league at the time of his injury just seems bizarre to me.

22 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He's been poor at cross balls for weeks now. For some reason he'll barrel out and try a mad punch or swipe away rather than catch. 

I won't mind if he's here next season but I definitely also wouldn't be too fussed if we rolled the dice.

He was also at fault when Lundstram nearly curled one in during the first half. Another flapped half-punch sees him standed well out from his line but he doesn’t retreat back, he just stands there while Lundstram curls it wide of the empty net. He’s certainly not been a bombscare overall, and has made important saves, but he is most certainly a bombscare when it comes to crosses, and his decision making in regard to punching, collecting, or doing neither. He simply does not command his box. I’d roll the dice, personally. No offence, just my opinion.

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Got away with one there, we were poor for most of the game and the buds were the better side overall.

That Lawrence miss though, did the hard work and messes it up at the end, though probably didn't expect Gogic to make it back.

3 hours ago, AJF said:

Ground it out against a decent St Mirren side. Thought we were a little better in the second half, with Dessers actually managing to take the ball in a bit against Gogic to get us up the park, but performance wise, still way short of what we’ve seen previously under Clement.

Dessers is an enigma. How he has managed to score 20 goals despite the numerous chances he squanders is astonishing. A far more competent striker is required, but he is quite likeable and does work hard so I’m glad he got the winner.

2 TV Fans , who never attend games posting 😏

1 minute ago, tazz1903 said:

2 TV Fans , who never attend games posting 😏

Not really through choice. The reduced allocation we get from St Mirren (well within their rights) makes it very difficult to go. Think our supporters bus got 1 ticket for it.

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

Not really through choice. The reduced allocation we get from St Mirren (well within their rights) makes it very difficult to go. Think our supporters bus got 1 ticket for it.

You don't get a reduced allocation. You get the exact same allocation as every other club in Scotland.

Closer to the facts would be to say you were temporarily given an increased allocation.

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You don't get a reduced allocation. You get the exact same allocation as every other club in Scotland.

Closer to the facts would be to say you were temporarily given an increased allocation.

This just seems like semantics for the sake of it, really. The current allocation we get is lower than the allocation we previously had prior to the relatively recent decision to change it. I never implied we got a lower allocation than any other team. Simply that it is lower than what it was before.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

This just seems like semantics for the sake of it, really. The current allocation we get is lower than the allocation we previously had prior to the relatively recent decision to change it. I never implied we got a lower allocation than any other team. Simply that it is lower than what it was before.

Which for 2 seasons, and 2 seasons only, was more than it was before.

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Which for 2 seasons, and 2 seasons only, was more than it was before.

During which period it was much easier to get a ticket. Now, it is very difficult, hence my comment. I’m not sure why this has caused offence.