Dundee United vs Partick Thistle - 3rd of May 2024 - PARTY TIME

This is just weird.

Coming on to point out that this is not the most appealing fixture to screen live tonight, does not strike me as the most controversial move, yet 3 Thistle fans come back having a go.

Kinda strange.

6 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

With that lineup I think the ten goal swing could be in play. 

I’m basing that almost entirely on Ross Stewart. 

Hate to say it, but I honestly believe that playing him could be construed as match fixing. 

31 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This is just weird.

Coming on to point out that this is not the most appealing fixture to screen live tonight, does not strike me as the most controversial move, yet 3 Thistle fans come back having a go.

Kinda strange.

Wouldn’t worry about it. Fans of both these teams are still hurting that they lost to Marvin’s maestros this season. 

3 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Michael Stewart surprised at tactical changes in a game that means hee-haw.

He'd be surprised at not shaving for a month would result in a beard.

Posted (edited)

This is, objectively, a poor TV pick when there’s two genuinely meaningful games taking place. 

With all games kicking off at the same time, a pick can be made at short notice once it’s known what issues might still be alive. It seems bizarre that didn’t happen. 

Edited by The Master

1 minute ago, The Master said:

This is, objectively, a poor TV pick when there’s two genuinely meaningful games taking place. 

With all games kicking off at the same time, a pick can be made at short notice once it’s known what issues might still be alive. 

Or get the cheque book out and have a show cutting between all the games, however probably beyond the BBCs production capabilities.

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

With all games kicking off at the same time, a pick can be made at short notice once it’s known what issues might still be alive. It seems bizarre that didn’t happen. 

With previous picks having to be announced weeks in advance then the restriction of only being able to show two games per ground will have been a factor.

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

Agree it’s utter shite. But it’s down to them only having max 2 games per ground a season - meaning they need to plan it out weeks in advance.

There should be a bit more flexibility the last few weeks of the season.