πŸ”΄πŸ”΅ The Caley v Morton πŸ”΅πŸ”΅

42 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Has a team ever finished 9th on 42 points?

We will be well deserved 9th place finishers, if it stays this way, but it seems like a rather high points total.

Might be talking out my arse but wasn’t one of our relegations from the top league the highest ever points total for a relegated side (or one of the highest points total)

Looked a stupid penalty to give away, and sounds an even dumber red card to take. Caley getting all the breaks at home here, but nothing so far from Hampden.Β 

Just saw the 3rd, well worked goal but again just a phantom defence. Can't say I'm too disappointed Tyler French isn't returning to Dens next season, just not up to this level anymore after that injury sadly.

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Might be talking out my arse but wasn’t one of our relegations from the top league the highest ever points total for a relegated side (or one of the highest points total)

Yeah I think that was the second relegation.

1 minute ago, Ferguson said:

That's a disgrace, remarkably not the first time either. What's it going to take for Muirhead to watch what he's saying with these refs?

Flashbacks to when he got sent off for applauding the ref for giving him a yellow.

44 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

We will be well deserved 9th place finishers, if it stays this way, but it seems like a rather high points total.

Not this league obviously, but Stranraer were relegated from the 02/03 Second Division in 9th with 44, while Raith won the league that season with 59.

I don't want to alarm Caley fans, but I looked at the QP game and Airdrie were literally recreating the Simpsons soccer scene for a full minute, rarely have I seen a team so unmotivated.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I don't want to alarm Caley fans, but I looked at the QP game and Airdrie were literally recreating the Simpsons soccer scene for a full minute, rarely have I seen a team so unmotivated.

I don’t think any of us expected Airdrie to get anything from the game so not surprised at all.

Damage was done long before this set of games anyway. Airdrie have their own business to look after.

Still a bunch of dicks for doing so I may add.

Edited by PB1994

5 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Β 

Could be the last time we see muirhead in a Morton shirt great send off nae pun intendedΒ 

In all honesty I wouldn't be the least bit bothered.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Airdrie did exactly this in 2008-09 but were spared the playoffs due to Livi being double relegated for whatever financial nonsense they had going on at that pointΒ 

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

Very funny to end up finishing 5th after that, and generally being abysmal for two thirds of the season.

The standard of the league this year really has been atrocious.