Dees v St Mirren- the battle for European glory

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

In fairness, only someone who didn’t know that United hadn’t won a UEFA Cup (i.e. no one), would’ve interpreted it the way you did.

Because I know they didn’t, I immediately interpreted it as having got to a final, despite the agreed shocking English. 

I knew Utd hadn't won the UEFA Cup and interpreted it the way I did! 

Anyhow , I think we're all clear now that Utd haven't won any silverware in Europe.  

16 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I knew Utd hadn't won the UEFA Cup and interpreted it the way I did! 

Anyhow , I think we're all clear now that Utd haven't won any silverware in Europe.  

I’m pretty sure everyone (even the poster) was already aware of that. 🤣

1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

It's not perfect English but I read it as United getting to the final only which should be seen as an achievement despite us not winning the trophy. 

I agree with you. It was poorly worded, but if he was claiming Dundee Utd won the UEFA Cup, then why bother adding 'final'? 

I can't see how anyone can seriously dispute Utd are the bigger Dundee club, tbh. Dundee FC were bigger until the 1970s has always been my understanding. 

3 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

I agree with you. It was poorly worded, but if he was claiming Dundee Utd won the UEFA Cup, then why bother adding 'final'? 

I can't see how anyone can seriously dispute Utd are the bigger Dundee club, tbh. Dundee FC were bigger until the 1970s has always been my understanding. 

Bigger - who knows but right now we are the top team in Tayside without question. 

53 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

No shiting it from me. 

Confident in the team after their last two displays at Dens but happy to close the season as a success if defeat comes.

If we play to our capabilities and Paisley come out on top it'll be a sure sign they are the better side. The main thing is we match the levels we put out against the OF then there won't be a complaint from me either way.

Look forward to seeing this 'huge away support' filling the Shankly and Main Stand.

Thank you.

I know I tend to agree with you most of the time and this post is no different, exactly my sentiment. 
it’s been a really good, uplifting season - a lot of really good performances and in The Doc we’ve got a cracking manager. I’m looking forward to the next few games and very excited about next season. Let’s get our foot firmly on those DAB cuntos throats. 

1 hour ago, The Master said:

The morning after his team’s title party and he’s all over a Dundee match thread. 

That’s just sad.  

Already been celebrating for past couple of weeks mate, time to move on from the celebration. Wasn't me who brought up the whole United/Dundee debetae in this thread by the way 

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I wouldn't be going on about selling out the away end. More tears fell from Hooleys pus as there was fans in the away end as Utd were sent to the Championship. That was the lowest ever away attendance in a Dundee Derby which includes a match where Dundee fans organised a boycott.

I personally know of Dundee fans who have switched sides. You can have them. The history and traditions of the Dark Blue side are deeply rooted  and whistle through the city's past. My family have been attending Dens since 1930s with memorabilia nearly spanning a century. Show me an Arab who can say the same.

There's only one club with deep rooted, generational continuity in this City.

Thank you.

Oh cmon get real, that was a total outlier. Why would any united fan want to go to an away derby match and watch us be antagonised throughout the whole game knowing our neighbours were gonna relegate us whilst having to watch overpaid Imposters on the pith give absolutely nothing back to our club. 

United have been a club since 1909 what you on about! My grandad played for United in the late 50's and been United fans in my family since 1930s so already trumped you there 

50 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

Correct 

47 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Bigger - who knows but right now we are the top team in Tayside without question. 

Hmmm both teams have got big rebuilding jobs to do in the summer so wouldn't be shocked to see both near the drop zone next season. 

2 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Hmmm both teams have got big rebuilding jobs to do in the summer so wouldn't be shocked to see both near the drop zone next season. 

More fucking shite, there's no 'big rebuilding' job at Dens, your mob however are going to need a brand new starting eleven, plus a new manager around November when Birdseye makes another c**t of everything.

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Oh cmon get real, that was a total outlier. Why would any united fan want to go to an away derby match and watch us be antagonised throughout the whole game knowing our neighbours were gonna relegate us whilst having to watch overpaid Imposters on the pith give absolutely nothing back to our club. 

United have been a club since 1909 what you on about! My grandad played for United in the late 50's and been United fans in my family since 1930s so already trumped you there 

No there's not. 

Maybe they went to Tannadice on the weeks Dundee weren't at home because Utd were a smalltime irrelevance but they would've been at Dens every other week. 

Thank you. 

8 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

You’ve just described the exact reason why Dundee have lower crowds. We have had to deal with that my entire life, you barely coped for a season. There is no doubting Utd are currently on top and probably will be for another couple of decades minimum, the remarkable thing is that Dundee are still probably 7th biggest and comfortably top 10 despite all of that.

Absolute madness having no home cash gate for this

Could easily be accommodated in the  end section of the main stand

Loads of remaining seats in there

I'm certainly not shitting it, that's not to say we're guaranteed to win but we have to be considered favourites here. I trust in the side, and I trust in Robinson, and we've had a good season.

The biggest fear I have is the referee making themselves the focus of the game rather than the football. If we come away with a loss but we've played well, you'll have no complaints from me.

25 minutes ago, Ric said:

I'm certainly not shitting it, that's not to say we're guaranteed to win but we have to be considered favourites here. I trust in the side, and I trust in Robinson, and we've had a good season.

The biggest fear I have is the referee making themselves the focus of the game rather than the football. If we come away with a loss but we've played well, you'll have no complaints from me.

Seems to be the attitude of both clubs. Hopefully that means it’ll be a fairly attacking and entertaining encounter rather than being cagey. 

prediction 0-0

1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

It's called being a supporter through the good and bad times.  Pretty basic stuff for a genuine fan imo. 

There was no Dundee Utd in 1909.

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

No false pre-match bravado from this Saint. Absolutely shitting it. As discussed higher up in the thread, it's kinda nice to have such a high-stakes game that doesn't involve relegation and/or existential dread. But it's still our biggest match for a long time and I'll be miserable tonight if we lose. 🤷‍♂️

Our recent form is what's giving me the fear, along with the now-established conspiracy that match officials and VAR have been mounting against us. I think we'll come up slightly short in a tight game. 2-1 Dundee. 

You must be one of the few sets of fans that can legitimately be shiting it if you're two up at half time.