24/25 - New Kits

On 31/05/2024 at 09:20, oneteaminglasgow said:

IMG_5626.thumb.jpeg.95f521cde4807ff9ec3e4d96bb4c007a.jpeg

A solid 1/10 effort from us. 

Thank god! Kit that makes our abomination look decent. Well played Thistle, didn't think you could do worse than last year's effort but I was wrong 😁.

On 31/05/2024 at 13:02, Jamie_M said:

The O'Neills design team: hear me out...

I suspect it's nothing to do with O' Neills. 

Last year at Falkirk our red shoulders were created as steeple shapes. There were faint squares in the home one as a nod to the Fulston checkerbroad strip. The away top had a Falkirk badge all the way through the white parts, at least on the torso.  The heritage kit had an element of the town coat of arms as the main background design. 

O' Neills aren't Puma where you get a choice of three or four templates. I'm pretty sure the clubs design their own kits, or at least tell O' Neill how they want them to be laid out and what elements are to be included. After which O' Neills manufacture them to the club spec. 

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.jpg

On 31/05/2024 at 10:09, Jives Miguel said:

The alignment of the sponsor, badge and manufacturer is absolutely criminal. Why are they all stacked on top so closely, really strange decision. Kills what would have been a decent kit imo

I walked past Greaves on Friday and I thought it looked decent in the window.

Agree with you on the alignment of the badges.

Surely the Morton away one should have blue shorts? Otherwise the blue arms just look daft. 

Partick top is OK and I quite like how they mix things up a bit with the size, order and orientation of their stripes. Have to agree that stacking the sponsor (which is too big to fit the central stripe - another faux pas IMO), the club badge and the manufacturers logo is too cluttered and that having the PTFC crest and O'Neill's on each breast would have looked a lot better. 

I was a bit underwhelmed with our three (three! FFS, although at least we wore both our away and third kits quite often) kits from Errea last season so not expecting big things this time round. 

8 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Thank god! Kit that makes our abomination look decent. Well played Thistle, didn't think you could do worse than last year's effort but I was wrong 😁.

Last year's strip (a kit is something wankers play "footy" in) was a cracker and there is absolutely nothing out there that could make your "abomination" look decent. 🙂

On 31/05/2024 at 11:13, Claudia Gentile said:

I don't know how they've managed it on a B&W kit, but it's almost like the top doesn't match the shorts 😂

It feels like that Hamilton one where the top is made by 18 whatever Accies and they used plain Nike shorts and socks.  

9 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Glad someone else is taking the mantle of “worst kit in the division” instead of us. 

Minging. 

It's not great but Thistle are in a league of their own with your "Bob the builder" Hi-Vis kit. Taking eye bleeding to new levels 😃

9 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Ahem.

Just looks like an adidas template. With the nods to Scotland, I was expecting it to be along the lines of that navy blue Under Armour one you had with the grey shorts a few years back which was a cracker. 

Just now, GoalForAirdrie said:

Just looks like an adidas template. With the nods to Scotland, I was expecting it to be along the lines of that navy blue Under Armour one you had with the grey shorts a few years back which was a cracker. 

Me too. One of my favourites. Still wear it from time to time. The Adidas kits have been underwhelming so far. Admiral were great.

On 29/04/2024 at 10:35, AUcal said:

Get the new kits posted here as your club release them.

Ayr's new home strip. I love it, a very nice kit.

Very traditional.  Is it an anniversary year or something?  Nice basic kit.  I wish all teams did that rather than the grand prix style kits covered in sponsors on every inch.

12 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Ahem.

Presumably QP are going to roll their 23/24 away shirt on to this season as a third shirt? 

Making a statement about combating the cost of living before releasing an almost redundant away jersey seems... odd.

11 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Presumably QP are going to roll their 23/24 away shirt on to this season as a third shirt? 

Making a statement about combating the cost of living before releasing an almost redundant away jersey seems... odd.

Don't think so. We normally don't have a third strip, just home  and away, and we are only updating the away kit for 24/25.