24/25 - New Kits

57 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Think they are different enough. Blue shorts on the away kit by the looks of it.

QPFC_BLOCK_AWAY-24-25 copy.jpg

QPFC_BLOCK_HOME.jpg

Not really sure they are considering the other teams in the league.

Banter when you are wearing Morton's away kit at Cappielow.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Two kits that are possibly no use away to Morton, Raith, Falkirk and Dunfermline. Good work.

This is what my thoughts were.

The rules state that the kits need to be 'different and distinct' so presumably someone, somewhere at the SPFL has signed them off but they'll need to mitigate for loads of kit clashes. It would make the most sense to just keep the red kit as a third kit as long as there's a supply of new blanks from whatever wholesaler QP sort their jerseys with.

Clyde had a debacle last season where both our home and away kits were red and for Stenhousemuir away, had to wear our white home kit from the previous season (as Stenny quite rightly didn't want to wear a change kit at home), which messed about with our squad numbers (there were neither blanks nor no new style red numbers to print - the term omnishambles springs to mind).

Edited by Brian Carrigan

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Queens Park surely going to have a third kit out. 

Reckon we’ll use the red one from this season. Same shirt sponsor and provider. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

This is what my thoughts were.

The rules state that the kits need to be 'different and distinct' so presumably someone, somewhere at the SPFL has signed them off but they'll need to mitigate for loads of kit clashes.

Don't think anyone actually signs anything off.  

Both Motherwell kits last season were claret and amber.  Celtic always put out a green away kit.  Quite a few times last season teams had to wear previous seasons away kits to avoid clashes.

And I've seen goalkeepers kits that are basically the same as the opposition kit loads of times in recent seasons.  

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

44 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Both Motherwell kits last season were claret and amber.  Celtic always put out a green away kit.  Quite a few times last season teams had to wear previous seasons away kits to avoid clashes.

And I've seen goalkeepers kits that are basically the same as the opposition kit loads of times in recent seasons.  

In my day there was an SFL kit inspector who would approve kits. But the last word was with the mat,h referee, hence you get the odd time a team has to borrow kit Airdrie had to hurriedly bring out a 3rd kit when a referee was unhappy with a clash against Accies. The game went ahead eventually, but a new kit had to be found for the next game.

We had to hurriedly release a 3rd strip a couple of years ago when it was realised that, in a stroke of genius, neither of the first two choices were any use against Montrose (or Cove?)

Ironically it was the nicest of the 3.

7 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Two kits that are possibly no use away to Morton, Raith, Falkirk and Dunfermline. Good work.

Could we not wear the black and white kit away at Raith and Falkirk?

Aware I’m more than likely missing something obvious 

Some interesting soccer kits on display in this thread. Always interesting to see new kits at the start of the season. Some good kits and some not so good kits. But the most important thing is kits. It’s all about the kits. Kits kits kits.

12 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Could we not wear the black and white kit away at Raith and Falkirk?

Aware I’m more than likely missing something obvious 

I would have thought with your top being fairly dark front with black sleeves then it will be fairly similar to the dark blue kits, if the black hoops had been thinner it might have been a bit better, but I think with black underarmour on it will be harder for officials to tell hand balls in a crowded penalty box for instance.

Also both teams in white shorts as well.

22 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

And some times goalie shirts that are very similar to their own team's kit, which pisses me off TBH. Livingston springs to mind.

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

IMG_8615.jpeg

Don't know what it is about  oneils kits,  never a fan ,  this  reminds of Scottish schoolboys strips of the 90s..

Not many been revealed so far  this season...