Elgin City vs Clyde

14 minutes ago, Glorious Purpose said:

I believe we are heading up today and staying locally overnight so hopefully that alleviates any benefit gained from travel fatigue and gives us the best possible preparation from that side.     

Mind and send them a big invoice if the game gets postponed 

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Is it pay at the gate at Elgin and how much? Might pop over for this.

There’s a cash gate or you can get tickets on fanbase. If you need cash there’s an ATM at Tesco, which is in front of the ground

29 minutes ago, Glorious Purpose said:

I believe we are heading up today and staying locally overnight so hopefully that alleviates any benefit gained from travel fatigue and gives us the best possible preparation from that side.     

What?

It'll be a tough one to call i mean it doesn’t really matter to us now but im sure we’ll want to end on a high after being nearly in the same situation as clyde and for sure clyde will want to go all guns blazing to make sure there not in the playoff hopefully a decent game and a decent crowd.

Also sure that stranraer will be going for it all as well obviously a tougher game for them but i doubt they'll get washed out surely as they'll be wanting to scrap away from bottom and sure stranraer and yourselves clyde will be checking the scores of each other no doubt but pretty sure yous will stay in the league 

1 hour ago, Glorious Purpose said:

Beware any Inverness supporting people on the hotel catering staff.... 

4 hours ago, Glorious Purpose said:

Correct, Clyde are travelling up today.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Is it pay at the gate at Elgin and how much? Might pop over for this.

Pay at gate. £14, Concession £9.

6 hours ago, bhoonaman said:

Beware any Inverness supporting people on the hotel catering staff.... 

What have Inverness supporting people got to do with this particular game?

2 hours ago, Clyde_MM said:

Going to bring the wee one along for her first game. Are prams allowed in the ground?

Prams?  Why can't you just throw coins or bottles like everyone else?

Ironic to think we are battling for league safety in our final game with opponents being Elgin. At start of season we had such a hopeless squad that we thought Elgin were the only side that could save us from the drop as they were reputedly even weaker than Clyde!! Both improved in second half of season, obviously Elgin more promptly than us.

While I desperately hope we can stay clear of bottom place I don't want Stranraer to drop out either. We've already lost enough clubs to the wilderness of the LL.

9 hours ago, 1993 said:

What have Inverness supporting people got to do with this particular game?

It's a call back to many years ago, you had to be there. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Walk Glasgow said:

Ironic to think we are battling for league safety in our final game with opponents being Elgin. At start of season we had such a hopeless squad that we thought Elgin were the only side that could save us from the drop as they were reputedly even weaker than Clyde!! Both improved in second half of season, obviously Elgin more promptly than us.

While I desperately hope we can stay clear of bottom place I don't want Stranraer to drop out either. We've already lost enough clubs to the wilderness of the LL.

I don’t understand this mentality.

Whoever finishes bottom deserves to at least be in the playoff and if they lose that then they definitely deserve to go down. The same way as whoever wins the playoff deserves to come up/ stay up. Every team that has come up from the LL or HL has more than proven their worth.

Would you care if we were all league 1 and Stranraer got relegated to league 2 rather than us?! Whether it’s LL or League 2 or WoSFL Div 3 they got relegated to at our expense they’d still be a league below us regardless.

At the end of the day the LL is part of the pyramid and has been for a while now and let be honest, as long as it’s not Clyde, who cares who goes down to the LL or the HL.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse