Elgin City vs Clyde

Congrats to Clyde on escaping the trapdoor - only one team looked like they give a toss about the result today (it certainly wasn’t Elgin). Really poor from us today but I guess the job was already done so can’t complain too much. However, can’t not mention the ref.  Over the years of moaning about poor officials I don’t think I’ve ever got to the point where I actually think someone may be cheating - came very close today!! Clyde worthy winners regardless of officials, hope the large away support get back home safe as I’m sure the beers will be flowing already!

On 02/05/2024 at 11:46, Hedgecutter said:

Just looked it up and it seems that Elgin will be rammed with individuals/groups that had their time in the sun but are now desperately scrambling for relevance:

Peter Andre, Blue, DJ Sammy, Cartoons*, D:Ream, Whigfield, Clyde FC, & Gareth Gates to name but a few.

Reveal hidden contents

*Aye, this utter rabble:

156c60c3ae76a82113910572756d02c6d6f7f223

Best of luck in your play-off semi vs East Kilbride!

Firstly, a massive thanks to Elgin for having the Pixellot on the go still. Not the best day to miss my first game of the season. I'm also grateful that they didn't have Rob Jones available to fling on.

I thought we were in total control throughout but the magnitude of the game, and Stranraer's positive result, made it a horrendous watch. Hopefully never again.

The full team stood up today (and last week) but a special mention to Cuddihy, Scullion and Ballantyne who set the tone with their pressing early on. 

Having been in the home end when we lost at Stair Park, I hope Stranraer are having a particularly miserable evening. That said, on balance, I hope they thump EK into the sea.

Still felt nervous af until the third given Stranraer doing the business. Feels like a massive weight off though.

Elgin were maybe more disappointing than poor. Looked very dangerous on the break but lacked the composure that we showed. With that in mind, we could/should have had 4 or 5.

I'm quick to dish out criticism to refs against us so I'll be honest, i thought we got the breaks in most 50:50s today. Elgin looked unlucky not to have a penalty in the first half. Fair play getting the yellow out though for what looked a pretty blatant dive in the second.

Rennie and Scullion were tremendous. Our midfield as a unit was excellent and that was Ballantyne's best game in a Clyde shirt. After the first 15/20 minutes I thought the defence settled and looked solid too. Kinnear was calming when called upon.

Elgin not getting the penalty at 0-0 and our second were turning points I thought. First for obvious reasons and our second goal came at a time when we were starting to surrender possession cheaply and quickly. That goal just calmed things right down.

It hasn't been smooth sailing but McCall and the whole team deserve massive praise. To put it bluntly, they looked fucked in February. Time to enjoy the summer!

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'm hoping Stranraer do the business too. 😉

Brechin, silly!

Big-dogs Stranraer will be waiting in the final.

Your galacticos didn't bottle the league and then moan about the league allowing another team to fulfill their fixtures... did they?

Edited by Clyde_MM

4 minutes ago, Clyde_MM said:

Brechin, silly!

Big-dogs Stranraer will be waiting in the final.

Your galacticos didn't bottle the league and then moan about the league allowing another team to fulfill their fixtures... did they?

Whoosh! 😆

19 minutes ago, Clyde_MM said:

Still felt nervous af until the third given Stranraer doing the business. Feels like a massive weight off though.

Elgin were maybe more disappointing than poor. Looked very dangerous on the break but lacked the composure that we showed. With that in mind, we could/should have had 4 or 5.

I'm quick to dish out criticism to refs against us so I'll be honest, i thought we got the breaks in most 50:50s today. Elgin looked unlucky not to have a penalty in the first half. Fair play getting the yellow out though for what looked a pretty blatant dive in the second.

Rennie and Scullion were tremendous. Our midfield as a unit was excellent and that was Ballantyne's best game in a Clyde shirt. After the first 15/20 minutes I thought the defence settled and looked solid too. Kinnear was calming when called upon.

Elgin not getting the penalty at 0-0 and our second were turning points I thought. First for obvious reasons and our second goal came at a time when we were starting to surrender possession cheaply and quickly. That goal just calmed things right down.

It hasn't been smooth sailing but McCall and the whole team deserve massive praise. To put it bluntly, they looked fucked in February. Time to enjoy the summer!

We were far less direct than usual, almost a reluctance to play long balls. Was very reminiscent of our opening day defeat to Stranraer

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Brilliant escape from where we were, well done all. Need to do much better next season but we can worry about that another day.

Yes, Clyde have done really well, well done them.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

Halfway home the now but what a fucking relief we can close this season off and relax now. Been a fair few years since I've been to Elgin (play off win under ferguson) so that 2/2 wins for me. 

It's a long but good day out enjoyed the social/bar at the ground beforehand. 

Thought we bossed the first half today and fairly controlled the 2nd despite a period of pressure from Elgin where they didn't seam to offer any real threat. 

Must admit I thought we were dead and buried after the Stranraer and Forfar games but we turned it around and thank f**k let's not do this again...also f**k off Thompson and Duffy for trying to kill the club. 

The fucking bullywee 🇾🇪🇾🇪

More relief than pleasure for me. A season of mainly excruciating disappointment and anger at how club was being run.  Let's hope lessons have been learned and we never again allow club to be run by those unfit for purpose. 

I was convinced all week that Stranraer would win and just praying our guys would turn up and do the business too.

34 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

*Pump you on yer own patch next season 

Cheers ya diddy.

Aye OK  and we will on your pitch oh wait a minute do you have one!

7 minutes ago, percyboy said:

Aye OK  and we will on your pitch oh wait a minute do you have one!

Away an' bile yer heid ya wee fanny. Your team were absolutely pumped and you would do well to show homage. Up ye! 

9 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Away an' bile yer heid ya wee fanny. Your team were absolutely pumped and you would do well to show homage. Up ye! 

Aye you deserved your win the day but pay homage? We still finished above you