Premiership Team of the Season

Posted (edited)

I think this has been done for another league here so what is the P&B Premiership team of the season 

It has to be better than Kris Boyd's

Butland

Tavernier ?  Carter's Vickers Scales Taylor.      ?

O'Riley  Lundstram McGregor Meada

Shankland  Kyogo

Edited by Ewanandmoreagain

Posted (edited)

It's always hard to judge these things as I feel I am only ever capable of giving a full opinion on the players of my own team that I see on a regular basis.

For others, I am judging them on performances against Rangers, limited highlights and opinions of their own fans.

With that being said, there are a few eyebrow-raisers in that side.

Tavernier, while hitting highly impressive numbers again, certainly hasn't been at his best and I'd say his inclusion is questionable, although an immediate right back replacement isn't jumping out at me just now. Butland is deservedly there IMO, and you could argue for Lundstram who I think has been our best outfield player, but his form has been a bit up and down.

Then, I think even the most ardent of Celtic fans would concede that Kyogo has had a fairly disappointing season by his own standards. Similarly, you see quite often criticism of O'Riley that his form has fell off a cliff since December. McGregor I'm not really sure how he has been viewed by them this season as a whole, just that he has looked way off it since his injury.

Then you look at the potential players that have been omitted and could and/or should arguably be in there, such as Kent, McCowan, Miovski, Bair, Watson, Armstrong etc.

As I said, these players I see a lot less, so fans of their respective clubs will probably be in a better position to pass comment.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

I think this has been done for another league here so what is the P&B Premiership team of the season 

It has to be better than Kris Boyd's

Butland

Tavernier ?  Carter's Vickers Scales Taylor.      ?

O'Riley  Lundstram McGregor Meada

Shankland  Kyogo

Christ almighty.

First thing I'd change is the formation, most of the league plays 3-5-2 so gonnae need to go with that. Based on best I've seen against us or on the telly.

Butland

Mayo Gogic Kent

Armstrong McCowan O'Riley Watson Spittal

Shankland Miovski

11 minutes ago, witchfindergeneral said:

Christ almighty.

First thing I'd change is the formation, most of the league plays 3-5-2 so gonnae need to go with that. Based on best I've seen against us or on the telly.

Butland

Mayo Gogic Kent

Armstrong McCowan O'Riley Watson Spittal

Shankland Miovski

Yes , Shankland and Miovski looks pretty good up front

Armstrong wide also

Shapes a mess but the 11 most deserving IMO.

Screenshot_20240502_120435_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6976a291828f9f06149a27fb6f9ca95d.jpg

Just now, Empty It said:

I'm suprised Shankland makes Boyds team, rest assured if there was an even mildly competent Rangers foward Shankland wouldn't be there.

I am very sorry 

That was my team , not Boyd's

I cannot remember his off hand

5 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I'm suprised Shankland makes Boyds team, rest assured if there was an even mildly competent Rangers foward Shankland wouldn't be there.

But there isn't 

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shapes a mess but the 11 most deserving IMO.

Screenshot_20240502_120435_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6976a291828f9f06149a27fb6f9ca95d.jpg

I have been more impressed with Cameron at Dundee than Spittal. 
Also while I agree most of your team have had good seasons, it’s hard to believe nobody in the team that wins the league is better than those players. 
O’Reilly (spelling) has looked the most accomplished footballer in the league on the occasions I have been at a game he’s played in. 

7 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

I have been more impressed with Cameron at Dundee than Spittal. 
Also while I agree most of your team have had good seasons, it’s hard to believe nobody in the team that wins the league is better than those players. 
O’Reilly (spelling) has looked the most accomplished footballer in the league on the occasions I have been at a game he’s played in. 

O'Rileys a better player than anyone else in that team, but for me he's not been impressive enough in relation to his team mates and club for him to deserve it more than folk standing out league wise in a poorer side. I'm biased in that I think OF players have a higher benchmark to breach to impress me because they're always going to dominate games and attacking players will always get goals/assists.

Spittal with 7 goals and 9 assists for a relatively shire Motherwell side is very impressive. 

11 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Based on that, I don't think Boyd's is all that bad. Wouldn't have picked Carter Vickers myself but can see an argument for him.

Depends on the criteria. He is almost unquestionably the best centre half in the league.