Dumbarton vs Stirling, Stirling vs Dumbarton

Who goes through?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes through?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/05/24 at 18:45

17 minutes ago, PWL said:

I've always thought Forthbank to be the ideal lower league modern stadium - that I wish we had built.  The two stands and end terraces are the ideal set up rather than our rather souless single stand.

it is a nice wee stadium. it took me a while to love it after Annfield but i do now. wish they'd put covers over the end terraces.  both for protection from the elements and for atmosphere. it's certainly still a lot better than most lower league grounds and perfectly suitable for our needs. Having one of the better lower league pitches is a bonus too. 

Just now, Sons fan 1872 said:

Does anyone know how Orsi is? 

Faz didn't seem overly concerned after the game. I think it was more a contact sort of injury than anything more serious. I can't see him playing a full 90 tomorrow (but that's not unusual, he can't have played many this season generally), but it didn't sound anything serious.

1 hour ago, PWL said:

I've always thought Forthbank to be the ideal lower league modern stadium - that I wish we had built.  The two stands and end terraces are the ideal set up rather than our rather souless single stand.

I think it is also, but agree with @WattersIsGod that I do wish they had roofed the terrace

44 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Faz didn't seem overly concerned after the game. I think it was more a contact sort of injury than anything more serious. I can't see him playing a full 90 tomorrow (but that's not unusual, he can't have played many this season generally), but it didn't sound anything serious.

If Kalvin plays tomorrow he needs to remember that it's not a yellow card offence to release the ball to a team-mate., especially when the opposition is doubling up.

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

If Kalvin plays tomorrow he needs to remember that it's not a yellow card offence to release the ball to a team-mate., especially when the opposition is doubling up.

We have the same problem with McPake

40 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Could we also tell Carlo it's not mandatory that he runs the ball from one side of the pitch to the other along the oppositions 18 yard box every match. 

Posted (edited)

We either play 2 strikers up front tomorrow or Dumbarton can bring their party hats. Even if we do, they should bring them anyway if the players don't calm down, play football and bin the panic clugging.

Edited by WC Boggs
Typo

38 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Could we also tell Carlo it's not mandatory that he runs the ball from one side of the pitch to the other along the oppositions 18 yard box every match. 

This. He does it every match and the run doesn't stop until someone takes the ball off of him, there is never a pass or a shot at the end. On Tuesday night he made it all the way from the right wing to the left without being tackled so he just decided to turn around and attempt to go back across again until the inevitable happened.

Bizarre.

4 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

We either play 2 strikers up front tomorrow or Dumbarton can bring their party hats. Even if we do, they should bring them anyway if the players don't calm down, play football and bin the panic clugging.

Dumbarton's goal came via a misplaced hoof to McPake which was intercepted and played through our non-existant midfield, past our out of position LB, over our defence then a free header due to poor marking. I can see Dumbarton getting another goal (at least). Hope I'm wrong.

26 minutes ago, Darkness78 said:

If it is any consolation, I think the play off winner is coming from the other tie. Surprised Stirling have slumped this season given their runaway success last year

It's pretty much the same squad.

League one has been a step up in quality and for the most part they haven't handled it.

I'm not overly surprised. I thought we needed upgrades in defence and the centre of midfield. We didn't get them and both have been a weakness

9 hours ago, PWL said:

The stands are ideal for lower league. Once your in the enclosure that’s you for the duration. No pies or “pointing Percy at the porcelain “

A bit like Annfield.

Hopefully not for the last time in L1 but who knows. There were a number of shocking performances on Tuesday and hopefully that can be put down to the daft fkr who though it a good idea to have a surprise all night birthday party for our departing RB. Special mention to KO for his "I couldn't care less what happens as I'm going back to St. MIrren".

lineup(1).png

The worst thing about tomorrow is if we're drinking due to depression, or drinking to still being in with a chance, Stirling's pubs are going to be filled with all manner of OF morons ruining it for everyone else. 

And you might say, well just don't drink. 

We're Albion fans, behave yersel. 

15 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

The worst thing about tomorrow is if we're drinking due to depression, or drinking to still being in with a chance, Stirling's pubs are going to be filled with all manner of OF morons ruining it for everyone else. 

And you might say, well just don't drink. 

We're Albion fans, behave yersel. 

OF free Fan Zone being set up at Riverside Pontoon (Shore Road). Bring yer own drink or plank in bushes - Albion chaplain will be there for support (if required).