Heart of Midlothian - 2024/25 European Tour

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Lamont slagging off Plzen after they've just beat our supposed 3rd force home and away is f**king chronic behaviour.

Like calling the guy whose shagging the burd you fancy an ugly b*****d.

22 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Sevco routinely finish 25-40-odd points ahead of our teams in the league and routinely knock us out of cups. Neither of our sides would be likely to beat them in a two-leg European tie. Whether Plzen are slightly better or slightly worse than them isn't really a big issue.

They got to the quarters in the Conference last year, winning all their group games and didn't lose a single game in 90 minutes in the whole tournament. 11 wins and 5 draws, including beating Dinamo Zagreb home and away. They're obviously a tough opponent. Fiorentina took extra time to beat them.

Plzen are a decent team and if Hearts can knock them out that would represent a significant result in the context of non-OF clubs' European efforts.

From a Hearts point of view it would mean two wins in three unseeded European ties over last season and this. It would be a huge step in the right direction. Winning ties unseeded has been a huge issue for years, but there have been steps in the right direction (including Hibs and Killie) in the last couple of years.

Don't know how it'll go. It's one of these ties that we could win or we could get leathered. But to get through, we'll need to do something no team did in Europe last season and beat them in 90 minutes.

Nobody is saying they're Real Madrid, but I think you're letting your bias under-sell them a bit.

Interested to hear of you maintain it's my bias? I did note Stewart and McCann were of the same opinions...

Give it a month and the tory spin doctors will be convincing everyone they've 'qualified' for the Conference League, rather than being punted there yet again because they're too shite to ever win a Europa League tie.

I'm sure that Hearts fans on here before the season were saying that all their signings were going to make them a much better team. Maybe they will, but up to now they look shite.

I'm pretty sure I saw that game in Stuttgart 2 months ago.

Either Naismith wanted to be in the Conference or he's actually just a moron. There is no other explanation for making a team selection that baffling or for waiting so long to make any subs against a team so clearly there for the taking.

Edited by DC92

6 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Give it a month and the tory spin doctors will be convincing everyone they've 'qualified' for the Conference League, rather than being punted there yet again because they're too shite to ever win a Europa League tie.

They didn't look good tonight but they did qualify via their league finish last season ... how did the Hibs do ...?

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

I genuinely think it's impossible to come up with a post that sufficiently conveys how shite that Hearts performance was. 

It did improve after they went 4 - 4 - 2  ,  but nothing too special 

I thought Hearts had their possession football going last season !