Killie in Europe 2024/25

Still not sure what tournament we'll be starting in, but we are definitely on our way to Europe. Obviously some major demons to exorcise from last time, but with the manager's experience at this level I reckon we have a decent chance of at least winning a tie or two if we get half decent draws.

Looking at the Europa League route, it's possible we could end up playing the likes of Ajax or Porto straight away, which would be a great tie to get but also one we'd have basically no chance in.

• 2 weeks later...

Europa League Second qualifying round secured.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024–25_UEFA_Europa_League#Second_qualifying_round

Currently we could get Ajax, Molde, Braga, Rapid Vienna, Rijeka, Tobol, Silkeborg, Wisla Krakow, Elfsborg, Ruzomberok and then teams from following countries not yet decided.

Greece, Israel, Cyprus, Hungary, Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Moldova, Kosovo, Romania, Slovenia, Belgium, Serbia and Turkey.

The fact we have 2 goes at this has me leaning to wanting an Ajax or Braga. Probably on TV, big crowds and great cities and stadiums to visit. Easy to get to aswell.

Then we'd most likely drop down to conference and hopefully get a lower level team to try and get to group stages.

At least we can't draw any Welsh giants at this stage.

Posted (edited)
On 05/05/2024 at 18:30, craigkillie said:

Still not sure what tournament we'll be starting in, but we are definitely on our way to Europe. Obviously some major demons to exorcise from last time, but with the manager's experience at this level I reckon we have a decent chance of at least winning a tie or two if we get half decent draws.

Looking at the Europa League route, it's possible we could end up playing the likes of Ajax or Porto straight away, which would be a great tie to get but also one we'd have basically no chance in.

Obviously haven't seen Ajax this season 😂

Just had a quick look, Killie will be seeded in QR2 if Pafos beat Omonia in the Cypriot Cup final and Maccabi Petah Tikva win the Israeli State Cup Final.

That would mean a much easier list of opponents including:

Spoiler

Silkeborg (DEN), Panathinaikos or Aris Thessaloniki (GRE) Radnički 1923 (SRB) Wisła Kraków (POL) Paks (***) Elfsborg (SWE) Oțelul Galați (ROU)

Edited by Ray Patterson

Posted (edited)

Beaten by some mob from Kosovo (not a real country btw) in the Europa league qualifying and then pumped by Lincoln red imps in the conference league imo. 

Edited by MazzyStar

6 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

Beaten by some mob from Kosovo (not a real country btw) in the Europa league qualifying and then pumped by Lincoln red imps in the conference league imo. 

It's more of a real country than Scotland, obviously.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

It's very unlikely we'd be able to play a team from Kosovo in our Europa League draw.

Edited by craigkillie

• 1 month later...

Cercle Brugge it is. Dead happy with that. Obviously it's no Ajax, but it's cheap and easy to get to, we'll get enough tickets to satisfy demand, and the beer will be great. We may even have a wee chance against them... 

Millie might be able to get a result at Rugby Park but it'll be tricky over there, do you guys drop down to the conference league if you don't win?

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

Millie might be able to get a result at Rugby Park but it'll be tricky over there, do you guys drop down to the conference league if you don't win?

Aye, win and we're in Europa Q3, lose and we're in Conference Q3. 

Really happy with the draw, obviously Ajax would've been really handy for me but Brugge is only a couple of hours by train or bus, it's a beautiful place with great beer.

On 19/06/2024 at 17:14, stevieKTID said:

Really happy with the draw, obviously Ajax would've been really handy for me but Brugge is only a couple of hours by train or bus, it's a beautiful place with great beer.

Yep, Cercle was my #1 preference.

6 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Yep, Cercle was my #1 preference.

Actually it was my first choice as well, some sections of the Ajax support are absolute tools and I was worried if something happened it would cast a shadow over the place I live, plus Heineken is f**kin rubbish, Belgian beer is far superior.

Cercle Brugge is an Intresting draw for you guys. Will be interesting as I think Cercle two best forward players from last season might not even be at the club come this tie. As Kévin Denkey is linked with clubs in France and the latest I seen was Tottenham and Félix Lemaréchal is on loan from Monaco but there are talks he may come back again.

Edited by Adoomeddoom

On 29/06/2024 at 11:39, Adoomeddoom said:

Cercle Brugge is an Intresting draw for you guys. Will be interesting as I think Cercle two best forward players from last season might not even be at the club come this tie. As Kévin Denkey is linked with clubs in France and the latest I seen was Tottenham and Félix Lemaréchal is on loan from Monaco but there are talks he may come back again.

Good info 👍🏻 

Booked up now. Going over on the Eurostar, flying back from Paris after taking in a bit of the Olympics 😎

Will 2500 tickets be sufficient for all those that want to go?  I read a few worried replies to the post from the club account on Twitter about the allocation.