East Kilbride v Stranraer

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Think the bigger question is where are Caley Braves getting it from?

They have done a big crowd funding drive, mainly aimed at the USA, I believe they have  raised nearly $800,000

Edited by To B or not B

5 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

They have done a big crowd funding drive, mainly aimed at the USA, I believe they have  raised nearly $800,000

That's mental. Think I'm in the wrong line of work.

35 minutes ago, Bucky said:

This is EK’s third attempt in the promotion play offs, if they fail this year there’s probably a question mark if Kennedy will be around next season, there’s a good chance he will but he does have a history of shitting the bed with Darvel. Next season reportedly Bo’ness and Tranent intend investing in a serious promotion challenge with Linlithgow and Caley Braves close behind. For the best part of a year all the shouting has been about EK and yesterday proved it isn’t clear cut as everyone thinks. You correct to pick me up on the now or never, probably if not now then when, is more accurate.

But they aren't funded by Kennedy apparently, why wouldn't this wonderful wee project keep going? 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

But they aren't funded by Kennedy apparently, why wouldn't this wonderful wee project keep going? 

EK will keep going at it until they get there. It does look as though they have had a bigger outlay this season than previous attempts, so I can only imagine they will be disappointed if it doesn’t happen next Saturday.

1 hour ago, Bucky said:

This is EK’s third attempt in the promotion play offs, if they fail this year there’s probably a question mark if Kennedy will be around next season, there’s a good chance he will but he does have a history of shitting the bed with Darvel. Next season reportedly Bo’ness and Tranent intend investing in a serious promotion challenge with Linlithgow and Caley Braves close behind. For the best part of a year all the shouting has been about EK and yesterday proved it isn’t clear cut as everyone thinks. You correct to pick me up on the now or never, probably if not now then when, is more accurate.

Second?

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Andy Stirling looking like he’s just flown in from fighting in the Falklands to play for EK yesterday.

Stranraer defence was closer to the Falklands than they were to Stirling for his goal. 

Like many in the East Kilbride team, he should still be playing at a higher level.

2 hours ago, Bucky said:

if they fail this year there’s probably a question mark if Kennedy will be around next season,

Will he get the boot? There's surely no more joke clubs he can fail upwards into?

1 hour ago, To B or not B said:

Definitely the 3rd, lost to Cowdenbeath and Cove previously.

See where you're coming from now, 3 times Lowland League champs but this is only their second appearance in the play off final.

Good highlights. Kennedy really does talk shite, doesn’t he? No chance they could’ve been five up at half time.

Good Stranraer following behind the goal.

During the highlights I saw a PSG, Juve & Millwall top in the home end. Feel that says a fair bit about the EK “fanbase”.

Good luck to the Blues in the second leg.

14 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

During the highlights I saw a PSG, Juve & Millwall top in the home end. Feel that says a fair bit about the EK “fanbase”.

If any of the wearers were over primary-school age, then the stewards at the turnstiles should really be "sorry pal, not tonight"ing them.

On 12/05/2024 at 13:34, To B or not B said:

It works out at something close to $20,000 per fan they have!