East Kilbride v Stranraer

I chose to stay in the town from Friday to Sunday had a lovely time.  Visited the club bar on Friday and met some lovely people then walked along to the stadium and was invited in for a look around.  So many great historical pics and information and a really nice ground.  The pitch was incredible and would've been impressive at the start of a season never mind the end of one.  The town really got behind the team with so many young kids sporting the club's kit.

[For me] Was a really exciting match with momentum swinging between both teams.  To get to this stage and perform really poorly would've been disappointing but the team gave it their all and were presented with a couple of outstanding chances but it wasn't to be.  By the end I was genuinely pleased for Stranraer as much as I was sorry for EK.

Rounded the weekend off with a lovely round of golf at Stranraer golf club.  Will definitely be visiting again.

44 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

The guys on the Terrace podcast were asking for a better shot of Mick Kennedy's goal celebration150YearsofHistorySavedin120Minutes12-27screenshot(1).jpg.fcd4e63c4148308a7a3342630ba00295.jpg

What an utter, utter fud of a man. So glad it all blew up in his gormless face

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

The guys on the Terrace podcast were asking for a better shot of Mick Kennedy's goal celebration150YearsofHistorySavedin120Minutes12-27screenshot(1).jpg.fcd4e63c4148308a7a3342630ba00295.jpg

Altogether now: "It's fun to stay at the YM....."

Edited by MrFizz

Watched the highlights there. Absolutely embarrassing stuff there from Zander the EK goalie coach. Comes charging up to a Stranraer player & shites it after getting shoved away. 

Well done Stranraer, saves me an awful drive next season. Don't let this happen again.

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Is there a less likeable character in Scottish football at the moment?

An absolute tadger.

His goalkeeping coach. You can see MK at the end trying to stop the coach getting at Stranraer players until he realises he's calmed down and just wants to congratulate tem.

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

His goalkeeping coach. You can see MK at the end trying to stop the coach getting at Stranraer players until he realises he's calmed down and just wants to congratulate tem.

Aye. The guy acted like a twat in the wee stramash but fair play to him for congratulating the Stranraer players at the end. 

Posted (edited)

I’ve noticed one of Stranraers players a few times now over the course of the season, and while he doesn’t look like a great player he seems to have an unbelievable attitude and I’ve really taken to him from the little I’ve seen. Is it Matty Grant? What a guy. Think he’s the one who instead of going mental at the 2nd goal runs back into position ready to go again, in highlights too he never ever stops or gives up. Just thought I’d give him a wee shout out.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

31 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’ve noticed one of Stranraers players a few times now over the course of the season, and while he doesn’t look like a great player he seems to have an unbelievable attitude and I’ve really taken to him from the little I’ve seen. Is it Matty Grant? What a guy. Think he’s the one who instead of going mental at the 2nd goal runs back into position ready to go again, in highlights too he never ever stops or gives up. Just thought I’d give him a wee shout out.

Matty Grant was subbed off well before the 2nd goal. I think he was subbed off before the equaliser from memory. He was good on the day though.

26 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Crackin wee player. We missed him when he had his knee problem.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, MrFizz said:

Crackin wee player. We missed him when he had his knee problem.

Signed from the Lok and was an absolutely superb player with us-massive energy and dedication at training and on match day and ran teams ragged when we faced them.Great lad and all of us at the Lok have been delighted he has done well.

I don’t wish EK any problems either-if a club has ambition and wants to progress that’s fine -they may have money but so have others .Leagues do need a refresh to keep things going and it is just disappointing for us in the WOSFL that our title winning team Beith are again not ready to be eligible for the playoffs-frankly a farcical situation which blocks progress at our end.

Edited by Lokloyal

16 hours ago, CowdenPhil said:

Watched the highlights there. Absolutely embarrassing stuff there from Zander the EK goalie coach. Comes charging up to a Stranraer player & shites it after getting shoved away. 

Well done Stranraer, saves me an awful drive next season. Don't let this happen again.

Aye the big man hard as nails charging onto the pitch to….wait for it……wag his finger. Pathetic.

On 20/05/2024 at 18:15, Skyline Drifter said:

Matty Grant was subbed off well before the 2nd goal. I think he was subbed off before the equaliser from memory. He was good on the day though.

I think it’s actually Chris McQueen then. Someone will have seen it. After the second goal one of the players runs back into his own half to get into position and go again instead of going absolutely fuckin tonto and I do not know how they managed that. Loved it though.