SFA Club Licencing 2024/25

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Is there any evidence of it other than the boy on Non League Matters? Can't find anything on the SFA site.

What kind of evidence are you looking for beyond a league office holder confirming? 

There's never been anything on the SFA site open or closed. You'd have to be directly involved with a club or league. 

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

What kind of evidence are you looking for beyond a league office holder confirming? 

There's never been anything on the SFA site open or closed. You'd have to be directly involved with a club or league. 

I've no idea of prorege's status, it just seems odd that he seems to be the only source of information on it, and no word from clubs applying. I don't get the need for secrecy, clubs haven't been shy about revealing their plans in the past, and the SFA make the rest of the licensing process and criteria abundantly clear in minute detail. I'm happy to accept prorege word for it though, I'm not familiar with the forum.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I've no idea of prorege's status, it just seems odd that he seems to be the only source of information on it, and no word from clubs applying. I don't get the need for secrecy, clubs haven't been shy about revealing their plans in the past, and the SFA make the rest of the licensing process and criteria abundantly clear in minute detail. I'm happy to accept prorege word for it though, I'm not familiar with the forum.

I'm talking about Glensmad. There has also been anecdotal evidence of clubs talking about works related to getting licensed. Like Drumchapel adding cover. 

There's never been a centralised source for this kind of information as clubs are at a variety of stages. Its not a neat box tick spreadsheet for stattos like the list of licensed clubs or a manual . 

11 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

I don't think he means Prorege. He means Glensmad has confirmed it.

12 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

I don't think he means Prorege. He means Glensmad has confirmed it.

Can you confirm that Glensmad has confirmed that which needs confirmation about being confirmed

41 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Ironically you talk of mistrust, have Glencairn not repeatedly signed players under false pretences and put them on 2 year deals when they were told they were signing 1 year. Yes players should check however there is no secret that in recent years they have been bad for this. 

That's clearly a private matter between club and player, nobody else's business unless they're in a player's union. 

Johnstone Burgh are apparently making big progress on their Licence, plus progress on getting the park back into club ownership.

Despite some reservations on what’s happened previously, I’ve Got to give those driving this a lot of credit.

26 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

Johnstone Burgh are apparently making big progress on their Licence, plus progress on getting the park back into club ownership.

Despite some reservations on what’s happened previously, I’ve Got to give those driving this a lot of credit.

Are you going to go back to the games or are you a Thorn boy now?

35 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Are you going to go back to the games or are you a Thorn boy now?

I’ll go back when I can and will pop up to the game v Beith on Saturday, but given the choice it will be The Thorn. 

They’re building from the ground up, under their own steam and it’s more my kind of set up. 

Had a wee chat with one of the guys at Burgh (who I never had anything personal against) and let’s just say a line has been drawn and things put in the past. Although he stopped short of inviting me back as a guest and I’ll be paying my £9 😁😁

At the end of the day, the Burgh is safe and secure and that’s what matters most to me and importantly, the town.

Might wear my club blazer and tie for a bit of shithousery 🤔