Raith Rovers πŸ”΅βšͺ️ [3] Vs [3] Partick Thistle πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘ [Rovers progress on penalties]

Just now, AMMjag said:

There's a tremendous opportunity to test this by putting Mikey Stewart on pitch-side punditry to throw greggies in his direction at every opportunity.

Does Stewart get a gig on Sky? If not it would be totally worth a 2 game contract.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Anyone else unreasonably nervous about Dylan Corr's ability to win first contact headers against Brian Graham? Can see this being a thorn in our side tomorrow.

I'm nervous, someone hold me and tell me it'll be ok. (clothes optional).

Aye, I certainly am. You've potentially got a situation where the best forward in the Championship, is going up against a young defender who had just finished a Lowland League campaign 12 months ago.Β 

In fairness, I think Dylan was good when he came on on Tuesday evening, I was certainly far happier with his contribution than Zak Rudden's for example, but it's clearly something Kris Doolan is going to try and take advantage of, and I can imagine them going very direct. How he, if he plays, and Euan Murray stand up to it, could be key.Β 

Might have been mentioned on here and I just missed it, but it was interesting after we went two up on Tuesday night, to see Keith Watson going over to Ian Murray, having a conversation, and instantly, Corr was asked to have a pretty vigorous warm up on his own.Β 

To me, it looked like he was clearly coming on at the interval for Watson. I wondered if it was because Watson felt something, or maybe even if Murray wondered if 2-0 was a chance to wrap Watson up and protect him for Friday.Β 

Maybe I just read too much into it, as Watson obviously stayed on, but it unusual for a substitute, and especially a defender, to go through that kind of routine five minutes before half time.Β 

Regardless, feels like we'll need him for this one, and hopefully another two games thereafter.Β 

Edited by McGuigan1978

15 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Aye, I certainly am. You've potentially got a situation where the best forward in the Championship, is going up against a young defender who had just finished a Lowland League campaign 12 months ago.Β 

In fairness, I think Dylan was good when he came on on Tuesday evening, I was certainly far happier with his contribution than Zak Rudden's for example, but it's clearly something Kris Doolan is going to try and take advantage of, and I can imagine them going very direct. How he, if he plays, and Euan Murray stand up to it, could be key.Β 

Might have been mentioned on here and I just missed it, but it was interesting after we went two up on Tuesday night, to see Keith Watson going over to Ian Murray, having a conversation, and instantly, Corr was asked to have a pretty vigorous warm up on his own.Β 

To me, it looked like he was clearly coming on at the interval for Watson. I wondered if it was because Watson felt something, or maybe even if Murray wondered if 2-0 was a chance to wrap Watson up and protect him for Friday.Β 

Maybe I just read too much into it, as Watson obviously stayed on, but it unusual for a substitute, and especially a defender, to go through that kind of routine five minutes before half time.Β 

Regardless, feels like we'll need him for this one, and hopefully another two games thereafter.Β 

Watson looked like he was struggling after making a clearance in the first half. There was definitely something bothering him and perhaps he asked to see if he could run it off.

11 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Watson looked like he was struggling after making a clearance in the first half. There was definitely something bothering him and perhaps he asked to see if he could run it off.

Aye, unfortunately he's now made out of Quavers, so that was the end of him. A real shame, as I think he improves us no end, and we'll be a good bit weaker without him.Β 

4 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Seems like Aaron Muirhead is fine and has trained so could well start again tomorrow. Got to say I’ve quite liked the look of O’Reilly though.

Really hope O’Reilly doesn’t play for you. He looked good in his little stint with us and scored 3/4 too. At his height (lack off) I can’t recall seeing anyone better at getting first contact in either box.

Fully expecting to see some route 1 football by you guys, especially if we nab the 1st goal.Β 

6 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Really hope O’Reilly doesn’t play for you. He looked good in his little stint with us and scored 3/4 too. At his height (lack off) I can’t recall seeing anyone better at getting first contact in either box.

Fully expecting to see some route 1 football by you guys, especially if we nab the 1st goal.Β 

3/4 not good enough for us tonight. We need at least 1.

I just hope it’s another show case for Scottish championship football. Looking forward to a hard fought game.Β 
Wishing Rovers the very worst of luck tonight, I want to us to get another bite at them for the grand slam they got against us last season.Β 
Β 

Hope it’s a cracking game tonightΒ 

1 hour ago, Highlandmagar said:

Feeling confident of a surprise win here tonight to take us to another final.

When will the pain stop? Haha.

I'd obviously take that but it will be a nervy affair if we are to get through tonight.

Could even be the dreaded extra time and pks if we were to progress.

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

I just hope it’s another show case for Scottish championship football. Looking forward to a hard fought game.Β 
Wishing Rovers the very worst of luck tonight, I want to us to get another bite at them for the grand slam they got against us last season.Β 
Β 

Hope it’s a cracking game tonightΒ 

f**k that. Shitty as hell 0-0 please.

Where did this phrase "first contact" come from? What's wrong with winning headers?

Huge ask tonight, when you boil it all down Raith are just a better team than us, especially without Lawless (but probably even with him).Β 

I’m more nervous about tonight than I was Tuesday.

Trying to get visions of Graham scoring and a bullet header from O’Reilly out my head.

We need to keep the ball down, dominate possession and run them off their feet. With the squad freshness available we need to make that count.

The opposite of Tuesday please when their subs made the difference and Rudden done zero bar be offside 3 times and cede possession.

We don’t do easy wins unless it’s against the Pars. Tonight would make a pleasant change.

11 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I was struggling to find good footballing memories of visits to Starks Park.

This was the only one that sprang to mind.

FB_IMG_1715935548852.thumb.jpg.b922c83c07511df5c8fc19b8e227a726.jpg

I can't see a repeat scoreline unfortunately haha

Β 

Gordon Dalziel is at the game tonight, it's a sign.

Β 

GNpHYhdWwAIaNEm?format=jpg&name=medium

Guessing the car park down at the beach will fill up tonight. Is there time restrictions in the Lidl or Morrisons beside it?

26 minutes ago, Reid said:

Guessing the car park down at the beach will fill up tonight. Is there time restrictions in the Lidl or Morrisons beside it?

The car park on the Prom will be very busy, Morrisons is open until 10 but the petrol station is open to 11 so no restrictions. You may be better parking at or near the Beveridge Park 5-10 min walk or even the train station 15 min walk.

2 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I was there that day.. Elliot and Buckley ripped them apart.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I was there , I think it would have been season 91/92. Club captain Cammy Fraser was sent off for us and I don’t think he played for the club again.

I also remember us losing 5-3 in a cup game in the early 2000’s.Β 
Β 

Not sure I could handle the stress of that type of game tonight so a boring 0-0 would be fine with me.Β 
Β 

Β 

edit - just checked it was 90/91 , the season that home fans were in the North Terrace (the wrong end)

Edited by mrpaddyx