Raith Rovers 🔵⚪️ [3] Vs [3] Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 [Rovers progress on penalties]

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Yeah didn't word it very well, assuming he has some kind of emotional connection to Raith rather than a home town team thing. 

Surprised he hasn't been linked with us in the past with that considered. Didn't actually notice he didn't celebrate either but fair play to him if he does have some kind of emotional connection. What's the story with him these days? Don't think he's played too often for you? 

Edited by grumswall

f**k me. What a night. Thought we were second best most of the game but hung in.  Scott Brown was heroic.
Almost couldn’t watch during those penalties and Vaughan to send us through. Fucking brilliant. Fair play to Thistle. Gave us a fright and their support was terrific. Helped create a great atmosphere.

No problems with the pitch invasion. Mixture of relief and joy. As far as I saw no one acted the c**t when on. Unlike the morons who threw flares onto our artificial pitch. Dumb as f**k. 

No idea what the final will bring but after our season think we deserved to be the ones with a shot at it. Hope it’s St Johnstone so that Turner can play. 

50 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

f**k me. What a night. Thought we were second best most of the game but hung in.  Scott Brown was heroic.
Almost couldn’t watch during those penalties and Vaughan to send us through. Fucking brilliant. Fair play to Thistle. Gave us a fright and their support was terrific. Helped create a great atmosphere.

No problems with the pitch invasion. Mixture of relief and joy. As far as I saw no one acted the c**t when on. Unlike the morons who threw flares onto our artificial pitch. Dumb as f**k. 

No idea what the final will bring but after our season think we deserved to be the ones with a shot at it. Hope it’s St Johnstone so that Turner can play. 

The kids who threw the flares didn't give a f**k about the game. They where just there for a good time with their mates. Which is fair enough but the club are bending over backwards to house them somewhere, pissing off people who have sat in these sections for years and they end up doing stupid shit like that which potentially fucks the pitch etc. Being sat right behind where the flares where let off last night aswell wasn't pleasant, seen some of the guys really struggling with it aswell. They aren't going to police themselves, the stewards aren't going to police them, so are we just allowing it to continue because they sing the same 3/4 songs at the big games? In general they where really good last night though and got behind the team etc so I'm not bashing them for that and I'm sure there will be the usual response of they've got to go somewhere and there's always going to be long term fans who just have to suck it up but I think it's poor from the club that they haven't actually reached out to the fans who do sit in the sections they are being dislodged from and who have put in thousands over the years to back the club. Rant over I guess 😅

Just watched the highlights .....having watched the game last night........

.Fair play to both teams.....what almost spoilt it was the EXCUSE FOR  REFEREES.....

last night almost as bad as the one on Tuesday.....dreadful decisions, left right and centre.......against both teams.

Are we unable to find good referees?

2 hours ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Was saving himself for later. 

IMG_9279.jpeg

What a brilliant image that is. Almost the Hibernian 2016 Scottish cup final 4 armed man on the left.. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

5 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Alston's Thistle career is going to look odd- assuming he's away- 9 starts and 6 goals. I see he's from Kirkcaldy which is presumably why he didn't really celebrate any of the 3 goals he scored across the two legs?

Cant celebrate much at all as he only ever scores against us does he not 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

Just watched the highlights .....having watched the game last night........

.Fair play to both teams.....what almost spoilt it was the EXCUSE FOR  REFEREES.....

last night almost as bad as the one on Tuesday.....dreadful decisions, left right and centre.......against both teams.

Are we unable to find good referees?

What happened on Tuesday? I really can’t think of anything controversial and I barely noticed the ref. Lino gave a bad offside v Rudden, we were right in line, but otherwise I can’t think of anything. 

Edited by ribzanelli

7 hours ago, Wardy said:

Also special mention to Steven McLean for being able to referee the whole game last night wearing one of these….

IMG_8135.webp

Glaswegian refereeing a Glasgow team. No wonder his decisions were very one sided. Having watched the highlights of Particks first goal I agree with the commentators that it was never a booking, never a free kick, hit him at close range on his side then his arm. Again great performance against 12 men.

The referee made a couple of odd decisions but I didn't think it affected the game at all. Felt the free-kick Thistle scored from probably was one because Murray's arm was out from his side on the turn, but that yellow and the one a few minutes after it were both harsh. Raith lost the head completely at that point which would surely be a worry given they'll have another pressure situation next week. However, I didn't think there were any major game-changing decisions by the ref.

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The referee made a couple of odd decisions but I didn't think it affected the game at all. Felt the free-kick Thistle scored from probably was one because Murray's arm was out from his side on the turn, but that yellow and the one a few minutes after it were both harsh. Raith lost the head completely at that point which would surely be a worry given they'll have another pressure situation next week. However, I didn't think there were any major game-changing decisions by the ref.

I don't mind consistency from officials but every 50/50 went against us, their front two pushed, fouled our CHs all game, nothing given and at the other end the amount of grabbing pushing our small strikers when jumping for a header was terrible. Some call it physical which I don't mind but the ref has to make calls for both sides and that twat never last night.

16 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Glaswegian refereeing a Glasgow team. No wonder his decisions were very one sided. Having watched the highlights of Particks first goal I agree with the commentators that it was never a booking, never a free kick, hit him at close range on his side then his arm. Again great performance against 12 men.

great performance?