Raith Rovers 🔵⚪️ [3] Vs [3] Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 [Rovers progress on penalties]

22 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

No idea who these dudes are, but if they are so effective then you shouldn’t be in the play off place 🤷‍♂️

Long post alert, but here are 3 reasons why we're 11th just now.

Spoiler

20240519_090726.thumb.jpg.6b5623943989e43c0e78bf4c3e216e5e.jpg

Think it’s almost impossible to stop flares getting in. Same everywhere.  Not sure what the solution is. Folk have suggested putting the singing section up the back but if folk are stupid enough to throw flares onto a artificial pitch they’ll not worry about launching it onto the back of someone’s head. 

15 hours ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

I thought Blair Alston was a pars fan and grew up in Dalgety bay.

I know he was born in Kirkcaldy, but like you, I thought he was brought up in west Fife so never had him down as a Rovers fan.

50 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

I'm guessing these "singing section" individuals have season tickets and therefore an allocated section or seats. Surely if the club know the section the flares are coming from, can everyone entering that section not be security searched. At the Hydro up to 14k people are security searched on entry so why not at Starks. I realise there's a cost but if it's an issue the club needs to address....

Season tickets weren't valid for Friday and that isn't normally a singing section as folk have season tickets there for league games. 

I watched from several rows behind a guy standing with a flare in his hand, albeit he didn't actually throw it, but the stewards stood idly and did nothing. If they have all these health and safety protocols which prevent them from intervening, you wonder what the point of having them and paying them is.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Long post alert, but here are 3 reasons why we're 11th just now.

Hide contents

20240519_090726.thumb.jpg.6b5623943989e43c0e78bf4c3e216e5e.jpg

Anyone wearing a jumper like that in an official club photo should be shot into the sea immediately. You know he's ripping the piss.

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

That's not true. 

Aye, they are asked to empty their pockets themselvss on a wee table, and if they don't then nothing is done.

Not a chance they can put the singing section at the back, we've already had instance of young lassie getting hit with a flare, as well as food etc thrown fairly often.

Just now, CALDERON said:

Aye, they are asked to empty their pockets themselvss on a wee table, and if they don't then nothing is done.

Not a chance they can put the singing section at the back, we've already had instance of young lassie getting hit with a flare, as well as food etc thrown fairly often.

My son is ages with a good bulk of folk in the singing section. He's never been searched and/or asked to empty his pockets. He's been asked if he has any pyro on him and when he's said no been allowed on his way. I think it depends what you look like 😅

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Season tickets weren't valid for Friday and that isn't normally a singing section as folk have season tickets there for league games. 

I watched from several rows behind a guy standing with a flare in his hand, albeit he didn't actually throw it, but the stewards stood idly and did nothing. If they have all these health and safety protocols which prevent them from intervening, you wonder what the point of having them and paying them is.

Forgot season tickets not valid for playoffs but, as you say, if stewards don't or can't intervene ....... 

10 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

20240519_012256.thumb.jpg.4ba6be95b3186e2b3784e47ec29d51af.jpg

At the time I thought he'd made an arse of that and got lucky.  But watching it back it looks like he genuinely meant to do it, and I get it, Graham is running in at the back of him and if he doesn't get enough power on a header to get it back to big Kev then Graham will probably get it, and there's nobody else alongside him to help him out.  So he figured out a way to deal with it, but it didn't do my heart any favours.