🔴🔵 The Caley v Hamilton ⛔⛔

Posted (edited)

Brilliant day and going to have a sore head in the morning! (he says as another can is opened!)

So happy and relievied that we got back up first time of asking! As fans of other clubs will testify, that's not always how it pans out.

As someone who has questioned the commitment and "fire in the belly" of some of our squad at times, it has been fantastic to see the grit, fight and determination in the players over the play off games. As a fan of a "diddy club" this is all we can ask for and we got it and then some when it mattered most! You did us proud and thank you.

I remember how I felt this time last year , and to all the Caley fans out there, keep the faith! Having spent the day in your town its evident you are up against the same issues we have down here. Knuckle dragging Rangers fans everywhere you look, willing the local team to fail.

Depressing but remember you are better than them simply by rejecting their sectarian bulshit and taking pride in your home town team, especially when things are not going well. Your club needs you more now than ever. All the very best diddy brethren!

(PS sorry for being a soppy auld git who should have gone to his bed ages ago, but really enjoyed a great day and the Caley fans we met in the pubs were class👏)

Edited by Beckford

13 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Brilliant day and going to have a sore head in the morning! (he says as another can is opened!)

So happy and relievied that we got back up first time of asking! As fans of other clubs will testify, that's not always how it pans out.

As someone who has questioned the commitment and "fire in the belly" of our squad at times, it has been fantastic to see the grit, fight and determination in the players over the play off games. As a fan of a "diddy club" this is all we can ask for and we got it and then some when it mattered most! You did us proud and thank you.

I remember how I felt this time last year , and to all the Caley fans out there, keep the faith! Having spent the day in your town its evident you are up against the same issues we have down here. Knuckle dragging Rangers fans everywhere you look, willing the local team to fail.

Depressing but remember you are better than them simply by rejecting their sectarian bulshit and taking pride in your home town team, especially when things are not going well. Your club needs you more now than ever. All the very best diddy brethren!

(PS sorry for being a soppy auld git who should have gone to his bed ages ago, but really enjoyed a great day and the Caley fans we met in the pubs were class👏)

Good luck in the morning afternoon. 

yd6fv8l9xp031 (1).jpg

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Unfortunately ICT will probably go down this season. Hamilton Academicals look too strong for them.

Do you not think the third Inverness goal could be crucial in the third leg? 

8 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

No, things would not have been so different, if Clach were involved (and thankfully they declined to be involved) it would still have been a Caley takeover.

At the time (late 90's) there was no entry to the SPFL via the  pyramid. Clubs had to apply and be 'invited' into the SPFL.

Caley (being Caley) felt they had a rightful place in the big leagues. The politics of what happened during the merger are well documented, it makes grim reading for Thistle fans.The desperation of Caley to step up to the SPFL was frankly embarrassing to Inverness. The arrogance of the Caley fans obviosly goes without saying. 

Aye, zero sympathy.

You’re probably right,

I was well away from the area at the time, spent my teens following Thistle, never had a single good feeling towards the amalgamation.

A lot was handled wrong that could have been done better, from day one and it seems, to this day, nae luck.

Rarely has a club deserved relegation more.

Inverness is a cracking town, I look forward to visiting for entirely non football reasons, looking out over the water with a refreshing pint and reminiscing about that club “ICT” who used to exist. 

6 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Hope every single Caley fan that came on the pitch but wouldn't cross the halfway line had a lovely night 🇦🇹🇦🇹🇦🇹🇦🇹🇦🇹

Don't let the facts get in the way of your ACF biased post:-

Some of your lot came up as far as the penalty box to goad Inverness, who subsequently came on and your lot went back to the centre circle. 

By this time the stewards were on and yes your mob and Inverness traded a few slaps in the middle. 

Don't make it out to be some ACF victory when it clearly wasn't. Maybe you were the guy topless with ACF written on his chest? 😩 💩🚾 Or your usual manky tramp lassie with the long hair who sniffs around the ACF every home and away game. She was on the park too, nice wee day out for her. 💩

39 minutes ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

Don't let the facts get in the way of your ACF biased post:-

Some of your lot came up as far as the penalty box to goad Inverness, who subsequently came on and your lot went back to the centre circle. 

By this time the stewards were on and yes your mob and Inverness traded a few slaps in the middle. 

Don't make it out to be some ACF victory when it clearly wasn't. Maybe you were the guy topless with ACF written on his chest? 😩 💩🚾 Or your usual manky tramp lassie with the long hair who sniffs around the ACF every home and away game. She was on the park too, nice wee day out for her. 💩

Oh No 90S GIF by Acorn TV

My memory of yesterday's pitch invasion is a bit hazy but I'm pretty sure Dean Lyness hugged me first. Told Fergus he'll play for Scotland while Reghan was saying to everyone "thanks for coming". An amazing day. In one go. Not five years (I know, Covid, covid) or ten years 😆. Credit to John Rankin. I'll admit, I wanted him punted after three losses in a row, many wanted him gone at the end of last season " an impossible relegation" according to a club official, but he got everything spot on over the final. But please Accies, pay Lewis Smith what he is due, they're apparently offering him a lot less. The guy lives and breathes Accies and we must keep him. Hopefully Rankin realises now he should be the first name on the teamsheet.

19 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hamilton fans such a scummy support that they can't even be trusted to pitch invade and celebrate a promotion without trying to scrap with the opposition fans.

Yeah, like that never happens when fans come on to celebrate. I never gave the Inverness fans a second thought until I saw blue smoke and wondered why the hell we'd have blue flares. Some fans like a confrontation, others don't have that mindset. Same with all supports.

1 minute ago, Owsley 2 said:

Yeah, like that never happens when fans come on to celebrate. I never gave the Inverness fans a second thought until I saw blue smoke and wondered why the hell we'd have blue flares. Some fans like a confrontation, others don't have that mindset. Same with all supports.

:lol:

26 minutes ago, Owsley 2 said:

But please Accies, pay Lewis Smith what he is due, they're apparently offering him a lot less. The guy lives and breathes Accies and we must keep him. Hopefully Rankin realises now he should be the first name on the teamsheet.

Who'd have thought that a winger who previously looked poor out of possession and lacking much of engine was capable of turning in two excellent performances as a wing-back? Hopefully that versatility will help him (and his dad) in negotiations.