St Johnstone vs Ross County clash of the hapless

No nerves from me.

I know we are shite, and deserve to go down.

If we get anything against county, it will delay the departure of our fraud management team, and potentially leave us circling the drain for 1 more year.

There's very few players in either squad you'd trust to dig your team out of a hole. Murray is about out only one at the minute but he's fighting against a team of mostly shitebags. Last time we went to McDiarmid needing something for a chance of survival we played like utter haddies. I hope lightning doesn't strike twice.

I'm actually more excited than nervous tbh. Midweek games under the floodlights are my favourite, and ones that mean anything are fairly rare.

We've finally dumped the empty jerseys (as much as possible) and gone fairly bold in style so aye, I'm hopeful about this game. That'll die when the starting line up has Considine, Matt Smith, Connor Smith and Kucheriavyi, mind you.

Aye bring it on. 

Games with something at stake are what football is all about. If you have to be shite and finish bottom six then at least provide a bit of drama/ excitement at the end.

I think County are favourites to avoid the play off, given their recent form, higher points and remaining fixtures.  But we’ll still get another chance to save ourselves with the play off v Raith or Partick.  

I haven’t a clue whether we’ll survive or not, I’d say us staying up is 50/50 right now.

I’m nervous AF. We’ve been so hit and miss this season it’s unreal. If we play like we did vs Rangers it’s a stroll, play like we did against Motherwell it’s game over. We will take nothing against Aberdeen so it’s now or never. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I’m nervous AF. We’ve been so hit and miss this season it’s unreal. If we play like we did vs Rangers it’s a stroll, play like we did against Motherwell it’s game over. We will take nothing against Aberdeen so it’s now or never. 

This.

Just as well I’m not a betting man. If I put money on predicting County’s form this season I’d be bankrupt. 

I will be down in Perth cheering / crying….

Edited by Lanky Highlander

Posted (edited)

A rare away game for me. Meeting a St J friend for dinner beforehand... Don't tell anyone, but he's decided to join me in the County end for the game. "Be more fun than sitting with the moaners at my side. 👍🏻", he says.

Only other time we went to a game together there, he proposed playing some pool in a nearby pub first then walking down from there, with my take on it being "Fine, as long as we're not late to the ground." ("Aye min, we'll be fine.")

End up in a rush, arrive a couple of minutes late, hear a small cheer go up on approach - missed County's only goal of the game in a 1-1 draw, which was also the only one Maciej Nuckowski ever scored for us.

...why have I agreed to go with this chumpnugget again??!

*Edited for self punctuation policing purposes.

**Cue someone picking me up on some other punctuational shortcomings 😆

Edited by The Great Stagsby

1 hour ago, The Great Stagsby said:

End up in a rush, arrive a couple of minutes late, hear a small cheer go up on approach - missed County's only goal of the game in a 1-1 draw, which was also the only one Maciej Nuckowski ever scored for us.

It was a 0-1 win that day and yes his only goal for County. 

1 hour ago, The Great Stagsby said:

A rare away game for me. Meeting a St J friend for dinner beforehand... Don't tell anyone, but he's decided to join me in the County end for the game. "Be more fun than sitting with the moaners at my side. 👍🏻", he says.

Only other time we went to a game together there, he proposed playing some pool in a nearby pub first then walking down from there, with my take on it being "Fine, as long as we're not late to the ground." ("Aye mine, we'll be fine.")

...why have I agreed to go with this chumpnugget again??!

*Edited for self punctuation policing purposes.

**Cue someone picking me up on some other punctuational shortcomings 😆

Green for use of the word “chumpnugget”

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Super Staggie said:

It was a 0-1 win that day and yes his only goal for County. 

Hate to break it to you all these years later. Looks like I'm not the only one who missed a goal that day. What's your excuse? 😆

Screenshot_20240513-213527.thumb.png.2e534240fbc5d882c3527c88dfbcdc82.png

Edited by The Great Stagsby

The Welcome> The Mallard.

Both shitey scheme pubs but the beer garden overlooking houses with portholes for windows and attached to a gambling den of debauchery sways it for me.

And besides, the mallard is the Jeanfield pub. f**k Jeanfield.

19 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The Welcome> The Mallard.

Both shitey scheme pubs but the beer garden overlooking houses with portholes for windows and attached to a gambling den of debauchery sways it for me.

And besides, the mallard is the Jeanfield pub. f**k Jeanfield.

Let's move swiftly on.

Completely feeling the excitement others are feeling for this too. Basically a straight shootout for the playoff place under the McDiarmid lights as the sun sets. If they ever try to get rid of the split they’ll have to come through me first

I hope our yank overlords are watching and thinking of ideas for how to make games like these — thanks to the split we end up with one at the end of most seasons, either for Europe or more recently at the bottom end — into proper occasions with fanzones etc. There’s so much excitement to sell.