Spartans v Dumbarton (Play off final double header)

TBF most of us thought SF teams didnt turn up to the big games.This time he has proved us all wrong.

Well played Stevie and well played Sons.Very good squad and bunch of players we have.

Ya fucking beaty!!! 

Never thought they had it in them until the last few weeks but we hit a great rum of form at the perfect time really.

Fair play, particularly to Faz and the team who most folk doubted along the way.

49 minutes ago, scott666 said:

Spartans weren't unlucky, they were shut down all over the pitch for the whole game until the last few minutes.

Well done Dumbarton, fully deserved by the performance over the 2 legs.

Just seemed like the decent thing to commiserate the losers tbh

22 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

STEVIE FARRELL TEAMS DON’T SHOW UP IN BIG GAMES.

We demand a full retraction @Francesc Fabregas

The law of averages says that if you compete in enough big ties you'll eventually win one of them, and by God did Stevie Farrell win a big tie tonight!

Fair play to everyone associated with Dumbarton - I'm looking forward to sharing League 1 with you next season and duking it out to avoid ninth place.

Can confirm that I have hugged Michael Ruth and it was every bit as good as I hoped it would be. 

What a buzz. What a group of players. They have burst their balls for that and thoroughly deserved it.

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

Can confirm that I have hugged Michael Ruth and it was every bit as good as I hoped it would be. 

What a buzz. What a group of players. They have burst their balls for that and thoroughly deserved it.

And looked good doing it.

24 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

PS Well done EX-SON Ian GOD Murray....hope you take Raith all the way.

Someone tell me Brian Graham suffered a career-ending injury please - it's the only thing that could make my night any better.

Congratulations to Dumbarton. Hope you all enjoy your night and weekend. Remember when we beat Annan and it was brilliant so I’m sure you’ll be enjoying yourselves! I’m sure this means so much more to supporters of the likes of Dumbarton and Clyde than what winning the league means to Celtic fans. Well done! 

4 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

For the game or the chance of your car being there/ in one piece?

Thankfully the car was still there more than twelve hours later, miracles do happen.

Speaking of fair play to Faz, I guess he’s up to par now after evening out relegating us?

Michale Ruth could never play for us again and still be a hero to me. Here’s hoping he fancies another season with us…

Stevie Farrrell was always going to be a class act for the Sons of the Rock.  Sure, in recent days the fans have had entitlement issues, like many others.  Hopefully they will have the humility to admit that they were wrong and enjoy League 1 football next season.  

8 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Ruth's first touch for his 2nd goal 💛💛

Better than the goal itself. Surprised the commentators never picked that first touch up, absolute quality. Belonged in a league many miles above the 2nd div 😙

47 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Someone tell me Brian Graham suffered a career-ending injury please - it's the only thing that could make my night any better.

Absolutely delighted to see an army of ex-sons put him and Partick to the sword as well 😂🎉

19 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Ruth's first touch for his 2nd goal 💛💛

There was some great first touches from several of our players tonight. I thought we were the better team by far.

28 minutes ago, GordyBrow said:

Thankfully the car was still there more than twelve hours later, miracles do happen.

Speaking of fair play to Faz, I guess he’s up to par now after evening out relegating us?

Michale Ruth could never play for us again and still be a hero to me. Here’s hoping he fancies another season with us…

That being said, we have a helluva lot more chance of Ruth and Gray hanging about now than we did a few hours ago. They might want to wait to see what offers come in but with us at least in the league above, they may consider what we have to offer.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

The law of averages says that if you compete in enough big ties you'll eventually win one of them, and by God did Stevie Farrell win a big tie tonight!

Fair play to everyone associated with Dumbarton - I'm looking forward to sharing League 1 with you next season and duking it out to avoid ninth place.

It was tongue-in-cheek! I'd have been first in line to say Stevie Farrell teams did not show up in big games. I never thought he would get us promoted, but f**k me, am I glad I was wrong.