CLYDEBANK 2024/2025

14 minutes ago, F_T_Y said:

Have to agree, the timing of the new contracts was strange, our form last 10 games was dire. 

I liked moff as a player and manager but wouldnt be that gutted if he left to be honest.

Not strange in the slightest. All these players could have sat it out and got offers from elsewhere for more some may be doing that now.

Where are you going to pick up replacements of comparable or higher standard for virtually a whole team. 

Sacked for finishing fourth half a dozen points off the winners. Start that revolving door you end up like Kilwinning, Kilbirnie etc. 

There are players, favourites whose roles have to diminish. Going by what they did over what they are actually doing is a nettle that needs to be grasped . There are two obvious holes that need to be filled.  Don't you think the manager is not aware of this, it's a very competitive market. 

Posted (edited)
On 13/05/2024 at 12:38, Vanderbilt said:

And he obviously stayed so what does that tell you?

He would rather play on grass?

Edited by maicoman

16 hours ago, clansman said:

Not strange in the slightest. All these players could have sat it out and got offers from elsewhere for more some may be doing that now.

Where are you going to pick up replacements of comparable or higher standard for virtually a whole team. 

Sacked for finishing fourth half a dozen points off the winners. Start that revolving door you end up like Kilwinning, Kilbirnie etc. 

There are players, favourites whose roles have to diminish. Going by what they did over what they are actually doing is a nettle that needs to be grasped . There are two obvious holes that need to be filled.  Don't you think the manager is not aware of this, it's a very competitive market. 

I heard this mentioned previously and when you do a bit of digging, it seems to be around the same time as in previous years when contracts were extended. As you say, you risk losing players and managers for not having them tied down.

We do need to add more quality to the squad if we're going to challenge at the top though, that means some players will have to move on. So far it looks like McMahon, Slattery, McGonigle, Higgins, Creag Little and Donnelly could be on their way based on the announcements made so far?

2 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

I heard this mentioned previously and when you do a bit of digging, it seems to be around the same time as in previous years when contracts were extended. As you say, you risk losing players and managers for not having them tied down.

We do need to add more quality to the squad if we're going to challenge at the top though, that means some players will have to move on. So far it looks like McMahon, Slattery, McGonigle, Higgins, Creag Little and Donnelly could be on their way based on the announcements made so far?

Theres a couple more who should be on that list and one imo who shouldnt be.

15 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Rather not say who i dont think should be there but id like Higgins to stay provided he gets his finger out. 

Not doing anything of note at Petershill. Six people have scored more goals for Peasy according to WoSFL stats page.

It’s amazing the fine lines in football-Clydebank gave a very good account of themselves for 6 months or so and if they hadn’t lost at Beith then the run in for the title was on a knife edge.Seemed a pretty decent squad of players and not far away but the fans will know better on that one.

Posted (edited)

I would keep larry and slattery, dont know how well higgins done at Petershill but we need someone who knows where the back of the net is and he has a shoot on sight policy. Which i like in a striker. If i was getting rid of a keeper it wouldnt be donnelly.

Edited by F_T_Y

58 minutes ago, F_T_Y said:

I would keep larry and slattery, dont know how well higgins done at Petershill but we need someone who knows where the back of the net is and he has a shoot on sight policy. Which i like in a striker. If i was getting rid of a keeper it wouldnt be donnelly.

The manager has said he’ll give an update on players departing later this month after all the discussions have concluded.

10 hours ago, not man of the match said:

Ive heard Creag Little and Liam McGonigal signed new deals

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Bankie boy said:

Ive heard Creag Little and Liam McGonigal signed new deals

Creag Little to be fair did a reasonable job coming in at the end of the season but not sure I'd have him as one of my first choice centre halves

McGonigal for me is going to struggle to get game time and would probably be best moving on 

For me a new keeper , centre half , midfielder and out and out scorer are needed

We didn;t score enough goals and need someone who is always capable of scoring goals as opposed to players who score great goals occasionally who I think we have an abundance of

Since entering the Juniors in 2003 I don't feel we have ever had that type of striker who you always feel could pop up with a goal no matter how poor a game they were having - I think we need one ( admittedly they aren't easy or cheap to find) if we are going to progress.- That sounds daft when you look at Nicky Little's scoring record at times but I still maintain he is not an out and out striker

Edited by Kilbowies Finest

9 hours ago, Kilbowies Finest said:

Creag Little to be fair did a reasonable job coming in at the end of the season but not sure I'd have him as one of my first choice centre halves

McGonigal for me is going to struggle to get game time and would probably be best moving on 

For me a new keeper , centre half , midfielder and out and out scorer are needed

We didn;t score enough goals and need someone who is always capable of scoring goals as opposed to players who score great goals occasionally who I think we have an abundance of

Since entering the Juniors in 2003 I don't feel we have ever had that type of striker who you always feel could pop up with a goal no matter how poor a game they were having - I think we need one ( admittedly they aren't easy or cheap to find) if we are going to progress.- That sounds daft when you look at Nicky Little's scoring record at times but I still maintain he is not an out and out striker

Think Darroch be in a more coaching role next season but no doubt if needed will play see how it works out

How were Clydebanks attendances in the season gone? Did being in title race make much difference?

If you could get up to Lowland or even back into spfl, what crowds do you think you could get compared to when you were last there.

Good luck for coming season. Lots of fond memories playing you lot : )

35 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

How were Clydebanks attendances in the season gone? Did being in title race make much difference?

If you could get up to Lowland or even back into spfl, what crowds do you think you could get compared to when you were last there.

Good luck for coming season. Lots of fond memories playing you lot : )

Between 500 and 800 plus. I reckon that a successful season would see that increase the following season. We'd need an increased capacity in SPFL - currently 1200