CLYDEBANK 2024/2025

Talbot are away to the Drum in the next round of league fixtures so you will have a better answer to that once they play them. Is there an official capacity for the donald dewar?

27 minutes ago, Emiliano ZaBankie said:

Is there any chance of our game v Drum Utd needing to be switched elsewhere from the Donald Dewar? 

Was asking a Clydebank Director today, more on the basis of whether it would be all ticket and if they hard heard anything. 

Their answer was nothing as yet and response pretty much as below.

20 minutes ago, Montys said:

Talbot are away to the Drum in the next round of league fixtures so you will have a better answer to that once they play them. Is there an official capacity for the donald dewar?

Been there once for Clydebank Ladies game last season and it was pretty much barrier down one side, no steps but they may have expanded on that since. 

Highlights of their Benburb game suggest it might be both side now but nothing either end

Edited by clansman

17 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Where would they go? 

Dunno but ffs got guys who’ve followed Clydebank around for 50 years and may not be able to get to see their team because the drum play at a leisure centre, its hardly an acceptable standard for the wosl premier? Fwiw id feel the same if it was Talbot fans perhaps not being able to see their team for the same reasons. 

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Dunno but ffs got guys who’ve followed Clydebank around for 50 years and may not be able to get to see their team because the drum play at a leisure centre, its hardly an acceptable standard for the wosl premier? Fwiw id feel the same if it was Talbot fans perhaps not being able to see their team for the same reasons. 

Aye it's pathetic. 

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Which park do they play on, the one out in the middle or the park that has a wall surrounding one side?

Bankies academy defender Aeron Fitzpatrick is now available for loan.

The centre back has been part of every match day squad so far this season will head out to continue his development.

All interested parties should contact secretary Matt Bamford on 07804 628113 or manager Gordon Moffat.

17 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I agree with you but there are no rules on ground standards and I haven't seen any club propose changes. 

5 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Feck me is everybody just going to play at Maryhill now.

The only team that doesn't get to play at the Lochburn is ........ Maryhill. 🤓

Great wee social club wouldnt mind another day up there lol🍺

15 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I agree with you but there are no rules on ground standards and I haven't seen any club propose changes. 

Every ground in the top two leagues should be able to accommodate 500 fans with a reasonable view and adequate facilities, ie toilets in the ground and disabled access.

35 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

There is a stadia criteria document here https://www.wosfl.co.uk/documents.html which according to the WOSFL constitution clubs must meet, the tier 6 criteria being similar to SFA club licensing at entry level, including:

Spectator Viewing Areas
Safe standing and/or seating for a minimum of 500 spectators. A covered terracing or stand shall be able to accommodate a minimum of 100 spectators

24 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Every ground in the top two leagues should be able to accommodate 500 fans with a reasonable view and adequate facilities, ie toilets in the ground and disabled access.

And in all honesty, you shouldn't have to even state that. It should be a given in a pyramid structure.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

And in all honesty, you shouldn't have to even state that. It should be a given in a pyramid structure.

I mean aye, maybe im wrong but unless they’ve spent a lot of money doing it up the DD isnt of an acceptable standard. I can get the idea of no stepped terracing if its accessible all sides round because from my fag packet maths that would be 100yds each side for spectators, 50/60 behind goals, meaning should comfortably allow for 300 folks pitchside but thats not the case? How is that accessible for kids, disabled folks in chairs and the rest? Trying to get my wee boy and auld man to as many games as possible this season and a game 1.5 miles from Clydebank should be a no brainer, but given the hassles dunno if we’re gonna be able to go. 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I mean aye, maybe im wrong but unless they’ve spent a lot of money doing it up the DD isnt of an acceptable standard. I can get the idea of no stepped terracing if its accessible all sides round because from my fag packet maths that would be 100yds each side for spectators, 50/60 behind goals, meaning should comfortably allow for 300 folks pitchside but thats not the case? How is that accessible for kids, disabled folks in chairs and the rest? Trying to get my wee boy and auld man to as many games as possible this season and a game 1.5 miles from Clydebank should be a no brainer, but given the hassles dunno if we’re gonna be able to go. 

But if it's a fairly newly built facility, surely disabled access must be a prerequisite?