WOSFL Summer Signings

16 minutes ago, Fabi said:

Do most clubs in the WOSFL not have a youth pathway now and this is required as part of the pyramid system? 

A lot of teams do, yes, but I'm not sure if it has reached "most" yet.

No, it is not required as part of the pyramid system, neither is it required for Scottish FA Licensing.

58 minutes ago, Westy1 said:

Mckenzie has real potential. McGlinchey proven at the level, solid signings. 

Correct with the latter but McKenzie is not top drawer premier league and don't even see him as having the  potential to do so. 

11 hours ago, Westy1 said:

I think he has all the qualities to develop into a top midfield player. Time will tell. 

He showed flashes of brilliance when I watched him at Kilbirnie then would be quiet next 3 games, only 23 I think but this his 7th different club at this level, in my opinion needs to stay at a club to show any potential he may have.

13 hours ago, cultured_left_foot said:

Ross McKenzie and Conor McGlinchey both leaving Johnstone Burgh for Darvel

Connor going on loan from the Burgh is a strange one.  No doubt at all that Connor is a class player and it is plain to see he has an excellent attitude.  When you add in the fact that he can play anywhere across the back four my puzzlement increases! 

The only positive (and its a small one) is that he will be unavailable to play against the Burgh.  Unless Murdo is brining in some real top quality I cannot get my head round this one! 

Darvel have two good players in Ross McKenzie and Connor.  

1 hour ago, TediousTom said:

The only positive (and its a small one) is that he will be unavailable to play against the Burgh.

Remember the Kyle Hutton scenario only a few weeks ago.

2 hours ago, TediousTom said:

Connor going on loan from the Burgh is a strange one.  No doubt at all that Connor is a class player and it is plain to see he has an excellent attitude.  When you add in the fact that he can play anywhere across the back four my puzzlement increases! 

The only positive (and its a small one) is that he will be unavailable to play against the Burgh.  Unless Murdo is brining in some real top quality I cannot get my head round this one! 

Darvel have two good players in Ross McKenzie and Connor.  

Fraser Mullen of pollok will be Johnstone burghs new right back to replace Connor hence the reason Connor Is away to darvel. 

15 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Fraser Mullen of pollok will be Johnstone burghs new right back to replace Connor hence the reason Connor Is away to darvel. 

The Burgh are good at keeping signing news tight so that is the first I have heard Fraser's name linked with the Burgh.  I still cant quite get it....when you have a player like Connor McGlinchey at your club, why even look for a right back?

Anyway. what may well be the Burgh's mistake could be Darvel's gain.

35 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

The Burgh are good at keeping signing news tight so that is the first I have heard Fraser's name linked with the Burgh.  I still cant quite get it....when you have a player like Connor McGlinchey at your club, why even look for a right back?

Anyway. what may well be the Burgh's mistake could be Darvel's gain.

Murdo brought Mullen to Pollok. Ticks his usual boxes. Mullen a great attacking full back. But is suspect defensively. 

Burgh have signed Max Kerr from Arthurlie & apparently paid 20k for Danny Oniel from beith & had 14k offer knocked back for Frize , Arron Mason signed with Burgh too. Also heard Burgh in for Greg Wylde. Beith must be rubbing there hands together if true.

55 minutes ago, The nameless tim said:

Burgh have signed Max Kerr from Arthurlie & apparently paid 20k for Danny Oniel from beith & had 14k offer knocked back for Frize , Arron Mason signed with Burgh too. Also heard Burgh in for Greg Wylde. Beith must be rubbing there hands together if true.

Aswell as diver to St cadocs and Ricky little coming in 2 Beith

Dorrans extends his contract at the Burgh.  He got better as the season went on and was class in the last 8 games.  

I expected the Max Kerr signing...the wee fellah had a great game in the Junior cup final.  I was hoping to see Diver in Johnstone....

44 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Substituted at half time in Burgh's defeat at Glencairn. 😉

Yes I was at the game.  Burgh had secured promotion earlier that week after playing (and winning) six or seven games in just over two weeks.  From a Burgh perspective we looked like we were already on holiday having just completed a very difficult job, from a Burgh perspective that game didn't really matter.    The lads looked tired and no-one could have blamed them.  Glencairn won it with a worldie right enough.  

Dylan Fletcher leaving Arthurlie for Neilston...I am sure that won't raise any eyebrows at all.  😀

I liked the look of Dylan for the short time he was at the Burgh, good luck to the lad.

19 hours ago, ladeside77 said:

He showed flashes of brilliance when I watched him at Kilbirnie then would be quiet next 3 games, only 23 I think but this his 7th different club at this level, in my opinion needs to stay at a club to show any potential he may have.

Any incomings at Kilbirnie so far?

3 hours ago, Johnny Sox said:

Any incomings at Kilbirnie so far?

Think they've signed a few defenders. Out with that looks largely like the playing squad from last season minus a few. Watched them against Ashfield last season & they got battered in the second half of the game, conceding 5. If they don't add they'll struggle this upcoming season.