On 14/05/2024 at 13:06, tamthebam said:

Tam Cowan's old saying "Whenever a club or a manager need a result they play Motherwell next"-a bit late for Monty but it still applies

Cowan's Law proved right again! 

Not really much to say about that - was hoping the haar came in a bit and the game got abandoned by the end.

I thought we were comfortable and passing the ball well until the "penalty" but once that went in, Hibs more than deserved the win and we didn't put up much of a fight in all honesty. Even in the context of the current soul destroying handball rule, the penalty itself was so soft that I have a feeling that it will crop up as a single line in the next VAR fuckups report "referee should have gone to the screen to review".

Once we went behind, it was as end of season as it gets from us - only Lennon Miller was a bit of a bright spot. Weirdly, Gent's 2 worst performances of an excellent season have been at Easter Rd (and it is a tough enough shift to have Boyle and snake Cadden on that wing).

Oh - and the replacement linesman *loved* an offside - I think he was just happy to be out there and made the most of it.