Clyde FC Season 24/25

1 minute ago, HaleyReinhart said:

in the squad there's plenty that would do just fine at league 1 level (or a second dunt at getting out of league 2)

Absolutely - compare the current Clyde squad to the likes of Annan, Dumbarton, Kelty or Stenny and they more than stack up imho.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

... aaaaanyway.

I'm very much looking forward to the Civil Service Strollers game on Saturday. Hopefully nothing scuppers the Worst Kept Secret In the Scottish Lower Leagues and that can be announced ASAP.

I don't know about anyone else but I really can't see any more permanent signings coming in. If the rumours about the Allan deal are true and we sign him permanently from Falkirk then that gives us 21 bodies contracted before the first competitive game of the season, which is quite frankly a ludicrous position to be in for Clyde (and it feels pretty good).

Looking forward to visiting a new ground, too. And seeing McCall’s Galacticos for the first time in the title winning season.

1 hour ago, The Woolly Bee said:

The thing that impresses me is the competition for places in the new squad. If anyone doesn't perform, they know they'll be dropped, and any replacements will need to perform to keep their place. Compare that with 12 months ago..

Agree, should push players but also removes the need for rushing players back from injury.

Also being in a position to bring in loans as cover or as a luxury, rather than trying to fill a position in the starting 11.  

21 minutes ago, Clyde_1977 said:

Also being in a position to bring in loans as cover or as a luxury, rather than trying to fill a position in the starting 11.  

We also can't forget Danny Lennon signing Nathan Hendji and Cammy Ross on amateur terms in League 1 to fill out the squad (although Hendji ended up starting the first league game)

48 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

We also can't forget Danny Lennon signing Nathan Hendji and Cammy Ross on amateur terms in League 1 to fill out the squad (although Hendji ended up starting the first league game)

I’d honestly say I’ve never heard of Cammy Ross. 

2 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Zero recollection of Cammy Ross or an announcement on him joining the club.

We announced him during the Hibernian preview. He didn't play a single minute and was released early on in the season (possibly even before the second league game).

Our media side has undergone a rebranding with the existing Youtube channel becoming ‘ClydeTV’. We’ve put out the first part to a mini-series about our training camp to St Andrews. The production values seem to be excellent, which hopefully means the quality of the match highlights will improve for the upcoming season too. I love stuff like this so well done to all involved!

Edited by Replays

A lot of work done and ongoing with a lot of content coming over the following days.  It's not the finished product yet but a taste of things to come. 

15 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

A lot of work done and ongoing with a lot of content coming over the following days.  It's not the finished product yet but a taste of things to come. 

Brilliant. I’m an absolute mark for this stuff anyway but this is excellent. Well done to all involved!

1 hour ago, HaleyReinhart said:

Great to see that! Really buzzing for everything going on. The eagle eyed will have clocked Kabia up in St Andrews too. 

Probably waiting for his best mate to sign with one half of the ugly sisters before he decides to stay up here.