Clyde FC Season 24/25

3 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Well to be fair to him he wasn't a first choice last season or at the start of this , Brown pulled out in opening day warm up and Cunningham got his start and hasn't looked back 

How much would it cost to buy him do you think? Apparently our chairman can magic money out of thin air based on made up future income projections and crowd numbers. 

1 minute ago, RutherGlen said:

How much would it cost to buy him do you think? Apparently our chairman can magic money out of thin air based on made up future income projections and crowd numbers. 

Well 6 goals and 3 assists in 9 games from midfield I'd say £57 million in this day n age neeb 

20 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Ross Cunningham he scores goals , turning out to be crucial for us this season 

Good to hear. Showed his quality with us here and there but was very inconsistent.

Certainly not the first player that has left us and suddenly gotten better. Connor Young and Erik Šul'a are other examples from this season alone. Makes me think the players might not be the issue...

8 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Meanwhile Rome Is burning while we discuss an ex player who was pretty shite for us.

it’s all kicking off upstairs guys but best not to enlighten all our supporters as to the state of things- or as some would say, “grass”, eh?

Are you a member on the official site or eating off someone else plate and using their log in details or information shared

Your a grass either way

1 hour ago, shawfielder said:

IMG_3524.thumb.png.e3b02b2c19bb49d5348256f188408c7d.png

Assuming this does go through, it looks like a good opportunity. Only major concern at this point in time would be ending up playing on a high school astro pitch with a shed and some seats beside it on the outskirts of a public park like East Kilbride. Their keenness to move away from that should hopefully be an alarm for the board though*.

*We're Clyde so it won't be.

42 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Are you a member on the official site or eating off someone else plate and using their log in details or information shared

Your a grass either way

I keep telling you it’s “you’re”.

You  could easily ask your pal on the Board- as if you don’t know already - or even look up the list of “owners”- too difficult?

oh by the way- a “grass” for what? 
something being hidden from rank and file supporters? It’s called freedom of information for those this catastrophe affects- 

Have a super day.

Oh, and your threats of violence have been passed on to the authorities and registered.

Community Foundation Announcement – Alexandra Park

October 9, 2024

Clyde FC Community Foundation can confirm that an expression of interest has been lodged with Glasgow City Council through the People Make Glasgow Communities (PMGC) process, with a view to occupying the former Glasgow Club Haghill’s outdoor facility located on Cumbernauld Road.

The immediate aim of the expression of interest is the utilisation of the sports facilities to expand the charity’s work in the east of Glasgow and a longer-term aim of developing a facility suitable to host Clyde FC’s senior team back in the city.

Although our status as sole applicants was confirmed to us in July, the application has not yet moved on to the Engagement Phase of the PMGC process as a result of more detail being prepared for submission outlining the full extent of land and facilities to be included. Once that issue is resolved, we look forward to collaborating with local stakeholders and the community to develop our plans further. We will do this by way of public meetings and direct approaches to community representatives and organisations active in the area, though any such organisation is welcome to contact us in the interim if they wish to discuss our proposals.

In terms of a home for Clyde FC, this proposal is at an early stage given that GCC require time to assess the proposal before formal negotiations can commence. It is hoped that there will imminently be more clarity on whether Glasgow City Council consider the proposal to be “in scope” for progression to the next stage of the PMGC process, and also key factors which would determine whether a facility which meets SFA requirements could be accommodated on the site. Once these matters have been concluded, club owners will be invited to a presentation where this specific proposition, and the relocation project generally, can be discussed in more detail.

The Community Foundation believes that this development represents a tremendous opportunity for both the charity and the community around Alexandra Park, and also a potential breakthrough in the club’s journey home

More detail there, without detail. I'd agree the site seems small, presumably we would need to encroach into Alexandra Park, but location-wise it seems to have a bit of potential in terms of public transport, local population etc.

15 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

I keep telling you it’s “you’re”.

You  could easily ask your pal on the Board- as if you don’t know already - or even look up the list of “owners”- too difficult?

oh by the way- a “grass” for what? 
something being hidden from rank and file supporters? It’s called freedom of information for those this catastrophe affects- 

Have a super day.

Oh, and your threats of violence have been passed on to the authorities and registered.

Your a grass and your a freeloader - Just wanted to reconfirm you weren't indeed a member on the forum but feel its relevant to share information you haven't even paid for "again" & not to expect players to read this and naturally worry , Don't come out with anything else to try and back up your actions. Its off the scale when the club have always said the door is open for 1 2 1 meetings and so for any supporters to ask questions and get answers that aren't members

Now run along 

9 minutes ago, David W said:

More detail there, without detail. I'd agree the site seems small, presumably we would need to encroach into Alexandra Park, but location-wise it seems to have a bit of potential in terms of public transport, local population etc.

I agree , getting closer to where you should be , giving the potential to grow the fan base and be a community club, rather than just a badge and a licence playing out of another teams ground.

I do a lot of ground hopping and it looks about the size of some of the East of Scotland division 2 and 3 sites but maybe they can be creative in how the build the ground.

I live nearby and I think this would be a definite NO from the local community for multiple reasons. Site is far too small, too congested and not suitable to be developed in this way. Looks like a ludicrous suggestion, to be honest, unless it’s only for community use - rather than a senior football club.

I realise every club has different ways of managing things, but I find this mindset that anyone sharing details about what's going on at boardroom level is somehow being a grass or undermining the club extremely weird.

If you've got a six-figure hole in your budget, surely that's something fans not just should know but have to know? How can the fanbase contribute to efforts to do something about it if they aren't aware? Secrecy is the worst thing possible in that scenario.

I'll have to wait and see more details of the project before commenting in depth on Haghill. But a quick Google map search does make the site look very tight for a football club to operate and expand. Perfect for the community foundation, but I'll need to be convinced we can grow it suitably for the club as a whole. 

8 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I realise every club has different ways of managing things, but I find this mindset that anyone sharing details about what's going on at boardroom level is somehow being a grass or undermining the club extremely weird.

If you've got a six-figure hole in your budget, surely that's something fans not just should know but have to know? How can the fanbase contribute to efforts to do something about it if they aren't aware? Secrecy is the worst thing possible in that scenario.

The thing I find annoying about RTC's posts, and have now blocked them for, is they are always cryptic and suggest at something but never address anything directly.

As you've said, important to blow the whistle but if you know something then just come out with it.

Could be wrong as well but I think it was a 60k gap in the finances? Certainly not pocket change but not six figures either, if true.