Clyde FC Season 24/25

53 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not been in here for a bit and we've got a homeless football clubs fans turning their nose up at a perfectly good stadium like Galabank and shouts of Ian Murray and Jack Ross reuniting their dream team of the Dumbarton Championship years, all while sitting 9th in LEAGUE TWO. Never change, lads. 

Galabank is class and only the biggest headbangers think Murray/Ross are realistic shouts - we're not all dafties, just about 90% are

18 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Darren Young applied for the position with us so imagine he would apply for this 

We're in a position where, if we get the correct manager in, we can still get out the league - the priority has to be someone who's proven at this level. Imho it takes familiarity, so if the board has any sense (eek) we won't be looking at Jim McIntyre. McCall dropping down didn't work because he just didn't understand how to line a team up at this level. He's obviously a good manager, but that's not all that's needed unfortunately.

Pretty happy with that, despite a decent job from February onwards last year (until this season).

Given the last 4 games have shown some progress you'd really hope they have someone in mind/started the process.

Hope it's Darren Young. 

33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Jim McIntyre be throwing his name in for this in a very last attempt to return to the game. 

Darren Young applied for the position with us so imagine he would apply for this 

His last 2 jobs have been dreadful, even more so at Arbroath so shouldn’t even be considered. 

Would be pleased with Darren Young. Pretty sure he was on Off the Ball last weekend too and I know they've got their running joke about getting gigs for out of work managers. Lumped us with Jim Duffy last time too so they owe us.

Experience tells us we shouldn't get excited at all about any statement from the Club regarding relocation as there have been too many false dawns (official and rumoured) on that front to mention. The latest announcement is perhaps deliberately vague and raises more questions than answers provided but this maybe suggests a considered change of approach : let's under-promise for a change in the hope that we can over-deliver this time.

I live within a couple of miles of the park and so - from a purely selfish point of view - I'm hopeful. However, whatever 'stadium' we end up with (and if money was no object and we had the space I'd love something like Burton Albions Pirelli Stadium or Salford City's Peninsula) it has to be ours in every sense of the word, somewhere we can call our very own, something that belongs to us (or for which we have a very long lease) and somewhere where we can't be kicked out by the Council at short notice for - for example - our signing policy. 

Wherever we end up, I'd like to think we can come up with the funds to build a stand for 1000 spectators and a separate, simple concrete terracing around 3 sides covered on one side and housing another 2000 with a bit of space to expand (in the unlikely event we'll ever require a bigger capacity than 3000) - a wee bit like a smaller, scaled-down version of the old Douglas Park.

13 minutes ago, 420 said:

Experience tells us we shouldn't get excited at all about any statement from the Club regarding relocation as there have been too many false dawns (official and rumoured) on that front to mention. The latest announcement is perhaps deliberately vague and raises more questions than answers provided but this maybe suggests a considered change of approach : let's under-promise for a change in the hope that we can over-deliver this time.

I live within a couple of miles of the park and so - from a purely selfish point of view - I'm hopeful. However, whatever 'stadium' we end up with (and if money was no object and we had the space I'd love something like Burton Albions Pirelli Stadium or Salford City's Peninsula) it has to be ours in every sense of the word, somewhere we can call our very own, something that belongs to us (or for which we have a very long lease) and somewhere where we can't be kicked out by the Council at short notice for - for example - our signing policy. 

Wherever we end up, I'd like to think we can come up with the funds to build a stand for 1000 spectators and a separate, simple concrete terracing around 3 sides covered on one side and housing another 2000 with a bit of space to expand (in the unlikely event we'll ever require a bigger capacity than 3000) - a wee bit like a smaller, scaled-down version of the old Douglas Park.

Just get a manager that can get us out the league and has proven record. Young I believe with Stirling and Fife. .No time for experiments.

I want to be happy and optimistic with this announcement(and the potential new ground). But sadly, I'm left with the overarching feeling of dread on how Clyde will manage to make this situation even worse. 

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

There is no need for a stand to hold 1000, initially I’d be looking for 300-500 seats with terracing round the sides with the ability to expand if/when required. 

How about sharing/try to buy the City Stadium? Queens Park don't seem to have a use for it now. Bit closer to your spiritual home. 

17 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I agree the space seems a bit small for a decent stadium to a layman like myself.

K Park in EK does not take up much space. Nor does Galabank. I hope to God the clubs intention is not to build something as shitty as those "stadia"

Maybe there are creative ways to fit a decent stadium into the available space. That's a problem for the architect. I'll await the plans before judging.

With regard to planning permission, surely the club must have indicated to the council their intention to build a stadium on the site. It's that not the point of the whole bloody exercise? 

Ah yes your current stadium which is your home and making you loads of money commercially is so much better....

37 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Ah yes your current stadium which is your home and making you loads of money commercially is so much better....

Take your point about Galabank but EK are looking to move away from their set-up, one we could easily end up with if what has been proposed gets approved. If you're going to the trouble of setting up a new ground it would be pretty stupid to set up a carbon copy of something a team trying to get to where you are on the ladder has demonstrated to be unsuitable.

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Marvin Bartley will be all over this job

Do you think he'd want to go part time? I'd rather we stayed well clear of him for what it's worth, for multiple reasons, but I get the opinion he fancies himself and wouldn't want it. 

Not sure we'd