Clyde FC Season 24/25

1 hour ago, Peechy said:

Ive came away from today’s game scunnered but not downhearted.  We are bottom but not adrift and it’s a long season so a lot can happen.  If it was straight relegation then I’d be bricking it but we have to go on and on we will. Things will change for the better 💪

So we spent 500 grand to be bottom but not adrift.  Ah well that's something I suppose. Been as well keeping Duffy if that's the case it's not much better is it ?  It's an absolute disgrace and can't be defended . Not sure anyone can do anything with this mob of under achievers. Spent all that cash to be involved in another relegation battle. This time I'm not so sure of survival. 

3 minutes ago, HaleyReinhart said:

Glad to hear Darren Young was there today as I've just nipped on here to moan about how Scally was sounding in that post-match interview. Sounded as if it would be him for a wee while yet. 

You wonder if Darren Young might work with Kerr and Scally. 

I thought that also surely to Christ Scally and Kerr must follow McCall out the door. Part of the shambles and certainly not the solution.

The silver lining to today's comprehensive and embarrassing loss is it will surely kill any chance of Scally and Kerr getting the gig long term. As has been said, they should have been papped out the door with McCall and someone (anyone!) else put in charge until the appointment of a permanent manager.

The fact they were kept on suggests to me they may well have been in the running for the job and would have stood a good chance of getting it had we won today. If Darren Young was indeed in attendance today and is still up for the job, the board should be falling over themselves to get him in. 

Whoever our new manager is, we need to get them in before the Scottish Cup tie away to Elgin. That gives them a free hit with little/no pressure of actually getting a result in their first match. It would also give them a bit more time to maybe sort out the absolute $hitshow we have become. 

Edited by RutherGlen

Can't help but get the feeling of a club hanging on now. The auld pals routine happening at board level as they punt a pie in the sky idea of a K park type stadium in Haghill and we aimlessly wander about the bottom tier of the SPFL in survival mode. 

Club has no home and no direction. A small dwindling support who are becoming more apathetic to the shambles on and off the park. 

54 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Can't help but get the feeling of a club hanging on now. The auld pals routine happening at board level as they punt a pie in the sky idea of a K park type stadium in Haghill and we aimlessly wander about the bottom tier of the SPFL in survival mode. 

Club has no home and no direction. A small dwindling support who are becoming more apathetic to the shambles on and off the park. 

That's spot on I sense more apathy than ever and no  appetite to help with the financial mess. It's galling this season should have been so much better thanks to McCall it isn't.  Not sure how a new manager can change the mind set of these players. They look like they can't be bothered. If benefactor has any sense he will pull his cash  Had no return at all. 

This season feels worse already compared to last season…there was fear at the start of last season and not a lot of hope. This season it seemed everything was clicking…Maitland, McCall new contract, some solid signings coming in and then look where we are today. Spending that amount of money to end up in the bottom 4 instead of the top 4 could kill the club stone dead. Any new manager coming in would need to hit the ground running to try and get some confidence back. 

15 minutes ago, Clyde_MM said:

The club has to go for Darren Young or someone with a similar CV.

Would have huge reservations about Levein. We've tried hiring someone with media commitments before and it has never led to success. We need someone focused on the club.

Are we forgetting there's a large budget deficit currently which has not as yet been dealt with? Not that we'd be told of course.

Fans owned Club? Righto.

2 hours ago, Shawfield78 said:

That's spot on I sense more apathy than ever and no  appetite to help with the financial mess. It's galling this season should have been so much better thanks to McCall it isn't.  Not sure how a new manager can change the mind set of these players. They look like they can't be bothered. If benefactor has any sense he will pull his cash  Had no return at all. 

McCall's an easy scapegoat. 

Here, i hate the cnt too, and was never thrilled by a fourth out of five successive Thistle b*stard in the dugout myself. But no one has behaved themselves in this. Not the prodigal hero AM, whose return in still clouded in mystery. Not the board, and not even the whistleblower who could have made the events public at the time if if meant so much to him.

You'll get idiots saying "none of this matters on the field"- absolute horseshit. Even if the bigger earners did con an inflated 2 year contract from the Clyde golden goose, there's enough players left who know what the club is meant to be about who'd have fought that bit harder in games. Why should they bother when no one above cares or does the same?

If this super-budget is so crippling, why aren't the club freeing high-end players who've earned bugger all of their wage so far? 

29 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Unless they agree to a mutual termination of contract, you can't just free them 

Surely we could offload the loanees if we are desperate to save a wedge. Murdoch is a waste of a wage and Allan hasn’t been much better. I’ll bet those 2 are on significant wages.

27 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Unless they agree to a mutual termination of contract, you can't just free them 

Ok, i'll rephrase.

It hasn't been mentioned, not once. But hey- two race nights and a bunjee jump will fix it all. 

The idea there's anything to 'fix' is absurd, from a fans viewpoint anyway. Not our problem. They've made an arse of everything else, why not this 'free hand' they were given too.