Bonnyrigg Rose 2024-25. Still best supported club in SPFL2

So that’s our second season in the SPFL completed with a bit of a sweat near the end, but we made it. New broom with a new manager so look forward to the season 2024-25. Will be interesting to see who he brings in and who may be leaving. My thanks to Jonny Stewart for his service to the club over the last 10 years and the many trophy lifting occasions in that time. So would expect Kerr Young to be appointed captain for next season. Already getting excited for that.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Posted (edited)

Has there been any movement to upgrade your facilities ie the pitch there was word of going plastic toward the end of last season also toilets should be looked at the away end anyway. Can understand you want to bring in players but having decent facilities will have to be sorted at some stage.

Edited by peternapper

Losing Reis Peggie to EF is a strange one - anyone got any idea why he left? I’m assuming his contract expired but if so it's bizarre why he wasn’t offered a new one or did he reject it (more money at Methil?).

He was one of our better players in a difficult season last season so this isn’t a great start to the badly needed team rebuild .… we’re supposed to get stronger, not weaker!! I see other teams in the league are getting their business done early, I hope this isn’t the sign of things to come for Bonnyrigg.

Perhaps he isn't confident that staying with Bonnyrigg was the right thing to do? You said he was one of your better players in a pretty poor team. Maybe he sees it as a step up and hopes to avoid another battle at the bottom. Or of course, maybe the money he has been offered is better... 

Players move all the time so I'm not sure why you are so confused about him moving on. Especially to a more established/experienced SPFL side who finished as "best of the rest" outside of the playoff positions.

I would be surprised if the club didn’t offer Peggie something after the season he had but without knowing I suspect it’s a combination of better money and the locality at East Fife.

Time will tell who replaces him but definitely a loss as it stands given the season he had.

I read a comment on Facebook that the club are following rules/protocols in not announcing any released list or new signings until after 31st May which is fair enough but I think every other club in League 2 has made some sort of announcement of who has been retained.

on the two Tranent players linked I have only seen Tranent once so I can’t say if they are good enough or not but I would be wary of too many signings from the Lowland, I think the odd one here and there like Murphy can work but after two seasons in League 2 and the way each played out it’s players with League 2/League 1 experience needed - that may however be a challenge depending on budgets.

Well the list of players staying/leaving resigned has been released this morning. Some mild surprises for me :-

Ross Gray always run his guts out for the team.

Robbie McGale, Connor Doan, Jason Jarvis, the 3 ex Stirling Uni players , young legs , fit and always showed great attitude.

2 new signings from Tranent, so we will await any further new signings being announced.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

41 minutes ago, shush10 said:

see in the squad update there is no Bradley Barrett , is he away?

I thought Bradley was excellent when he played against us in the play offs in 2022, how has he developed since then?

Any update on potential signings - any tasty rumours? Not sure about Higginbotham …. decent striker in his day but at 34 is he too old? Will he be able to play in the winter mud field at NDP? I don’t know but hopefully he proves me wrong.