Elgin City - 2024 onwards

Probably Hibs and Kelty at home and QP and Peterhead away then if the format is the same as usual. We'll get a good crowd in v Hibs and a relatively local game at Balmoor so not the worst draw.

On 29/05/2024 at 21:47, cityloon said:

I see on the P&J that cove are releasing a fair few players wonder if theres any chance if us snapping any of them up at all

Looking at the names, you probably wouldn't want too

15 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Looking at the names, you probably wouldn't want too

Yeah, nothing there that would fit us one way or another imo.

1 hour ago, 1993 said:

Adam McKinnon and Matthew Wright released by Ross County would be realistic targets?

Probably yeah, both are from Lewis I believe so it would depend on in if they want to stay in the Inverness area and find work. Both could be good signings though.

Wright suffered a serious illness when he was at Elgin which resulted in him being in a coma and a spell in ICU. He struggled after that. He was well thought of prior to this and as strikers are not in plentiful supply I think at his age, with fitness and support from the management team he might be worth a punt.

I didn't think Wright was the most complete striker ever but he looked like he could finish if provided with chances. I'd like to think we'll create plenty more next season than in the time he was with us.

1 hour ago, 1993 said:

Wright suffered a serious illness when he was at Elgin which resulted in him being in a coma and a spell in ICU. He struggled after that. He was well thought of prior to this and as strikers are not in plentiful supply I think at his age, with fitness and support from the management team he might be worth a punt.

Aye, it was pre-illness that I was thinking of but at the same time we were fucking hopeless in that spell anyway. 

Got an invoice email from Fanbase saying to pay for my season ticket by 30th June to guarantee my seat for next season. Always paid at the office previously. Anyone else had this email?

Olly McDonald signed for you guys. Despite bagging a few for Edinburgh and ourselves in League One, I cannot express what a dreadfully limited footballer he is. A stiff breeze could blow him over. However, what I will say is, he can hit a good ball and has scored a reasonable number of goals purely but hitting the ball early and catching the other team unaware. I certainly wouldn’t want him back, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if he grabbed a few goals for you next season.

Posted (edited)

Very weird signing, particularly given significantly better players who also aren't local have been let go. As Scott says, he's a decent finisher but has absolutely none of the physical attributes you require to succeed at this level. Would be shocked if his time with Elgin doesn't turn out to be a 1:1 replica of his Stranraer career.

Edited by the_bully_wee

I’d say he’d grab a few, maybe 3-5 if he played every single week. Outside that he will contribute very little. Just really nowhere near the physicality required. Unfortunately he doesn’t have an asset of for example pace or nastiness or anything that makes up his lack of stature. Don’t get me wrong he does try hard but very strange signing especially 2 year deal.

He must have same agent Vincent Kompany!

Posted (edited)

Have to say I’m surprised we’ve signed him as I thought we were getting away from signing players from the central belt. Hopefully Hale gets a tune out of him. Is he worth sticking out wide at all?

As someone said on Facebook, four goals in last season’s Edinburgh City side after joining halfway through the season must be worth something

Edited by CrispyMelon