Elgin City - 2024 onwards

1 hour ago, cityloon said:

Excellent signing and been very successful with signings so far 

I don’t want to dampen things but some of the signings have a bit to do to convince me about their quality but the fact we have attracted so many in the first place is cause for optimism!

15 minutes ago, 1993 said:

I don’t want to dampen things but some of the signings have a bit to do to convince me about their quality but the fact we have attracted so many in the first place is cause for optimism!

I think that is the same for most people but normally we are hoping for 1 of 2/3 signings to be decent. We already know Gallagher and Golding are good so we are better off than usual. On top of that most of the signings look like a minimum of decent squad players - we’ve been lacking options most seasons.

Hoped (but didn't think) we could get Mark back. Excellent signing. Especially on a permanent deal. As mentioned I'm sure some of these signings will turn out to be a bit meh but its just refreshing to see something different from the usual X,Y,Z released/on loan from county/caley.

1 hour ago, Elgin Macca said:

Hoped (but didn't think) we could get Mark back. Excellent signing. Especially on a permanent deal. As mentioned I'm sure some of these signings will turn out to be a bit meh but its just refreshing to see something different from the usual X,Y,Z released/on loan from county/caley.

Totally agree. This summer has been great to see a difference to the usual scrambling at the end for loans. The board have done a very good job of being creative with the budget and the fans fundraiser would have also helped. Apparently there was very good fees received for both Barron and Jamieson with the safety net of buy back clauses inserted in both. Very shrewd all round.

2 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

Despite Elgin making some cracking signings, I'm surprised at how very few posters on the league 2 prediction forum, rate us. Most seem to have us between 5th-9th.

I reckon that's where we will be to be honest. I like the look of our signings and I'm certainly more optimistic than I have been  but I still think we are going to concede goals while not having a goal scorer at the other end. I obviously hope I am wrong and everything clicks! Roll on Saturday! 

It’s pay at the gate. £16 + £2 if you want a seat in the stand. Cash definitely- not sure about card payment at the turnstiles tbh. You can buy a ticket on fanbase in advance(fanbase club.com) that they scan off your phone.

13 minutes ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

It’s pay at the gate. £16 + £2 if you want a seat in the stand. Cash definitely- not sure about card payment at the turnstiles tbh. You can buy a ticket on fanbase in advance(fanbase club.com) that they scan off your phone.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully bringing a mate who's based at raf lossiemouth to his first ever Scottish game. 

He's a West Ham fan. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bad result last night. We gave BoD a bit too much respect in the first half and struggled to get into it. The first 25 minutes of the second half was excellent, the subs completely changed the game for us and Dylan Gavin looks capable of doing some real damage once he settles into the team a bit more.

My apologies to Daniel Hoban but watching him get more and more rattled with each ball he hoofed out of the pitch was very funny. 

Great start to the season for Elgin City. Have to admit Hale has done a great job since taking over, the club looked as though it was sleepwalking back into the HL for a couple of seasons.

Certainly Elgin look like having a better season than many predicted. It's not a stellar League Two this season.

He was played mostly at full back where he looked like a fish out of water. He is a big gangly loon who will develop physically over the next year or two. I would describe him as a typical modern day Academy centre half, in that he is always trying to play football from the back but defending isn’t his strongest suit yet.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

We have just signed Blair Mckenzie on loan from Aberdeen......Thoughts?

Had some decent games early on as a centre back but as said above was mostly used at left back and generally struggled. I thought his first touch was pretty terrible at times but may have been a confidence thing as both player and team were in brutal form. I presume he did well at Huntly otherwise I doubt he'd be going up two levels.

• 3 weeks later...