Ross County [6] : [1] Raith Rovers

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The kick off time/TV slot will have been decided/scheduled before they knew County would be involved you'd imagine. Hence the mental time the second leg starts on Sunday.

I'd also imagine there wouldn't have been time to change the TV schedule for other live sport on the day at such short notice.  Sky 100% thought St Johnstone would be playing.

As of Saturday night, Sky’s schedule was showing it as an 8pm kick off, so not sure it was set in stone in advance - 

IMG_1026.png

Edited by McGuigan1978

Posted (edited)
On 21/05/2024 at 15:13, Charles Stiles said:

Would the one-off game be played on a grass or artificial pitch? 😀

Red ash pitch with old style leather ball.

Edited by RH33

52 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

For the Staggies planning to attend tonight but haven't yet bought a ticket, there's only 80 left. 477 sold.

81, I have one bought but not going to make it over. 

4 hours ago, houston_bud said:

I didn't make it to Dingwall this season unfortunately, was there not some story about Network Rail putting a fence up so punters from the Mallard couldn't sit on the platform? Did that get resolved?

I'm 50/50 on who I want in the top flight next year, but if drinking on the platform at the Mallard is out the window, then I might be favouring Raith. 

Talk about catching the penny and missing the pound!

Why worry about the Mallard when there's the prospect of the Estuary on Links Street?

28 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Talk about catching the penny and missing the pound!

Why worry about the Mallard when there's the prospect of the Estuary on Links Street?

It's been so long since I've been in Kirkcaldy, I'm afraid I don't know any of the boozers there.

Is the Estuary the type of boozer that does 35ml measures and has OVD in an enormous bottle? If it is, count me in.

Just now, houston_bud said:

It's been so long since I've been in Kirkcaldy, I'm afraid I don't know any of the boozers there.

Is the Estuary the type of boozer that does 35ml measures and has OVD in an enormous bottle? If it is, count me in.

Erm do you remember the pub from Shameless 

7 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

It was probably still called The Football Arms the last time we were in the same league as St Mirren.

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

As of Saturday night, Sky’s schedule was showing it as an 8pm kick off, so not sure it was set in stone in advance - 

IMG_1026.png

Seems like a conscious decision from the SPFL/Sky to fuck the Raith fans then.

8 hours ago, Steve Carrella said:

I recall Gordon Brown saying he came from "North Britain". I'm forgiving him the gold for peanuts hoot but North Britain? Feck no.

I always thought Broony was a Cowdenbeath fan or is he just on the board there!? No wonder they're f**ked. 

16 minutes ago, Girth said:

I always thought Broony was a Cowdenbeath fan or is he just on the board there!? No wonder they're f**ked. 

Nah he's just a red Tory w****r.  Actually embarrassed he supports us.

Looking forward to these two games. Big fan on the Championship games on Friday nights on the BBC, you rarely get a bad game. 
Rooting for Rovers for this one, nothing against County as we usually we gub them at least once a season but would be nice to see a different team in the big league. 

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

Red ash pitch with old style leather ball.

If it's an ash pitch it needs to be a Mitre Mouldmaster. Half football, half Portuguese man o' war. 

29 minutes ago, boozyBJ said:

Looking forward to these two games. Big fan on the Championship games on Friday nights on the BBC, you rarely get a bad game. 
Rooting for Rovers for this one, nothing against County as we usually we gub them at least once a season but would be nice to see a different team in the big league. 

Considering it was you who shafted us, that is very disrespectful.  First you pumped us 5-1, then you rolled over vs St Johnstone.  Get in the bin you fanny.

9 hours ago, HoBNob said:

A train from Kirkcaldy to Dundee then down to Perth, or get along to Halbeath park and ride and getting a bus upto Perth is hardly the stuff of nightmares. 

Perth is also more than just "a wee bit closer" Than Dingwall, Mon eh? 

It's really annoying when the tone of your post doesn't come through in writing......

I can drive to Perth in 30 minutes and my journey to Dingwall on Sunday will take me 3 hours.  I'm well aware of how much Closer Perth is.

1 minute ago, The Great Stagsby said:

This may have already been covered, but what kind of pitch do you Rover diddies have?

If the rain in Raith today is anything like the rain in Ross, the game is surely in doubt...??

It's a hard pitch covered with lego.  That video from last week was actually filmed at Stark's.  Don't think we're allowed to use the bowling ball for the game tonight though.

Originally wasn’t planning on going to the away leg, then decided I’d wait and see how tonight went and buy tickets if there were any left and we were in with a shout….. but the FOMO was too strong. 
Tickets bought- now come on Rovers, don’t make me waste a days holiday from work and a 6hr round trip!

3 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

don’t make me waste a days holiday from work and a 6hr round trip!

Are you a minister that you have to take a holiday to go to the footy on Sunday.  And who's going to deliver your sermon?