General Election 2024

7 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

The Tory manifesto in two words - JAM TOMORROW

To expand,

Yes we've given you stale bread and austerity and misery for most of the last 14 years (in fact most of the last 45years since 1979),

But trust us, we've turned a corner, crested the hill, things can only get better, scratch that one but really all will be great and its

JAM TOMORROW, and proper British Raspberry or Strawberry jam, not some weird foreign conserve either.

Any mention of Scottish Marmalade?

Debate is on now. Don't know why I do it to myself, I'll be a seething mess within 10mins.

Looking forward to spotting some Tory plants and the SNP getting it tight from the host and audience.

Watching my first debate.

Slater getting a good round of applause.

Sarwar making a decent point but being undermined by his boss in London, Wes Streeting, who admitted that devolved parliaments can't do much as "all roads lead back to Westminster". Little wonder given that the Welsh public services are probably the worse in the UK.

Sarwar doing ok so far, Swinney not great. Cole Hamilton is smug and constantly interrupts. Can't believe nobody's had a go at Ross yet about his behaviour and multiple jobs. 

There's next to no undecided in the audience too.

On 10/06/2024 at 18:32, JS_FFC said:

Lib Dem manifesto is quite impressive IMO.

Labour saying they will create 100,000 new nursery places by turning unused school classrooms into nurseries, but it’s not clear to me whether the constraint on nursery places is as much lack of physical space as it is lack of qualified staff.   

The one mention of Scotland in that is to boast about rejecting our right to self determination. 

15 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Any mention of Scottish Marmalade?

This is a Unionist manifesto for a Greater England, Scottish marmalade from Spanish oranges........not in a Tory manifesto.

1 hour ago, MazzyStar said:

The new Tory party line seems to be that a massive Labour majority will be dangerous for democracy :1eye

I'm sure they had ample opportunity to advocate for a PR system of election during their years of awful rule.

f**k them.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Here is Tory Andrea Jenkyns' election leaflet.

86029565-13522335-image-m-126_1718203707

No mention of the party she is actually standing for, and a big photo of Farage.

The Tories are a confused bunch. DRoss's telly broadcast last night mentioned the SNP about 40 times.