General Election 2024

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

As is your democratic right. But you forego the right to winge and complain about things.

Don’t think you do. Still free to whinge and complain till the cows come home.

11 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Friday's evening papers...

"Sun backing Labour causes collapse of Labour vote in Liverpool."

I mean the Sun backed Labour in 1997, which was a far bigger story than any newspaper endorsement today and was only eight years after Hillsborough, and Labour won every constituency bar one in the whole Merseyside region, including every seat in Liverpool itself, most of them with 70% of the vote.

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Don’t think you do. Still free to whinge and complain till the cows come home.

Well I suppose you can, but if you refuse to participate in the process then no one should pay attention to your whinging and complaining.

As a former colleague of mine used to say “if you’re not part of the solution then you’re part of the problem”.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Well I suppose you can, but if you refuse to participate in the process then no one should pay attention to your whinging and complaining.

As a former colleague of mine used to say “if you’re not part of the solution then you’re part of the problem”.

Do people gets badges when they vote? How will people know whose whinging and complaining they should pay attention to?

My old boss (RIP) used to say “conform or die”. Catchier and more threatening.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Is this you justifying the stick you got for voting for Brexit? 

Voting, even if it's not for Starmer increases the turnout percentage and gives starmer an argument that he has a stronger mandate than he would otherwise have. 

He'll use that mandate for pure evil. 

14 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Do people gets badges when they vote? How will people know whose whinging and complaining they should pay attention to?

My old boss (RIP) used to say “conform or die”. Catchier and more threatening.

Maybe more catchy but not relevant to the point under discussion; also not accurate.  But deflect away.

13 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Is this you justifying the stick you got for voting for Brexit? 

Not sure how you reach that conclusion!

Anyway the stick I got was justified.

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Voting, even if it's not for Starmer increases the turnout percentage and gives starmer an argument that he has a stronger mandate than he would otherwise have. 

He'll use that mandate for pure evil. 

That’s an irrational argument from a rational poster.

30 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I mean the Sun backed Labour in 1997, which was a far bigger story than any newspaper endorsement today and was only eight years after Hillsborough, and Labour won every constituency bar one in the whole Merseyside region, including every seat in Liverpool itself, most of them with 70% of the vote.

I can't really take seriously any newspaper that decides to back a political party once it's clear that they're going to win the election.  If they do it six months or a year before a scheduled election date, fair enough, but in election week when there's a gap between the parties wider than the gap between Farage's brain cells?  It'd be like a football commentator saying in the final 30 seconds of added time that the team 10-0 up will win the match.  Nah, ram it.

In the end I didn't vote at all. This election came at a bad time for me. On holiday, Kashmir.

From what I'm reading, looks like Labour winning big time, Lib Dems doing good down South. SNP just need to consolidate somewhat, can't see any real gains. To avoid a thrashing basically.

Who would I have voted for. Honestly, in the Highlands, your all gonna hate me, but Lib Dems. I will NEVER forgive Iain Blackford on that ugly, nasty, bullying campaign against Charles Kennedy. For me this time the SNP can get fuxked!!! Sorry lads & lassies.

The Tories and Reform left it a bit late. Only got them yesterday. Obviously focussing on people who can only keep a good rage going for a short time before they forget what they were raging about.

Before that the only leaflets I had received were a few from Labour (this is obvs a target seat for them) and one from SNP with a woman with a hat on that looked like she was going fly fishing.

IMG_7277.jpeg

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I've been down to put my cock and balls into the ballot box.

Surely "I've been down to put my BALLOT PAPER WITH cock and balls WRITTEN ON IT into the ballot box."?

Life's hard enough for the polling staff without turning the day into an episode of Hammer House of Horror!