General Election 2024

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

*Wakes up and checks news.*

Tories wiped off the face off the planet.  Good. 

SNP Yer-da cybernats crying into their cornflakes.   Good.

Douglas Ross and Rees-Mogg gone.  Effing Brilliant.

Red tories everywhere delighted.  Terrible.

Farage and his pals.  Concerning but hopefully a protest vote.  

Anything else?

Greens did well in England. 4 MPs which is good for a diddy party in a FPTP system. Corbyn won. 

3 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

I'm generally pro-PR but glad one of the many things Labour won't do is introduce it. Because at this juncture in history it would introduce more Faragists to parliament.

I'm pro PR and couldn't care less who is elected because of it. It's like wanting independence and being scared that Scotland might elect a right wing government (which they would do eventually)

Apparently Labour have lost Birmingham Perry Barr to a pro-Palestine independent. Jess Phillips was close to losing in Yardley, down to a 700-vote majority. Shabana Mahmood's majority in Ladywood was cut from 28k to 3k, too. 

Paisley and Renfrewshire North and Paisley and Renfrewshire South both going from SNP to Labour. 
Something quite comforting seeing all of Paisley go back to red again. It had been for about 100 years before 2015.
Historians will look back at tonight as the night the country finally moved on from the independence referendum result. 
Took us 10 years of bizarre politics and electoral results right enough, but we’ve done it.

Back to normalcy.

5 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Labour got 10,269,051 votes in 2019 and that was a 'disaster'.

So far they've got 9,485,610 with 20 seats to be declared and that is a tremendous night for them.

Strange.

FPTP means voodoo maths.

2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Labour got 10,269,051 votes in 2019 and that was a 'disaster'.

So far they've got 9,485,610 with 20 seats to be declared and that is a tremendous night for them.

Strange.

It's better to win a football game 2-0 than lose it 4-3

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

Paisley and Renfrewshire North and Paisley and Renfrewshire South both going from SNP to Labour. 
Something quite comforting seeing all of Paisley go back to red again. It had been for about 100 years before 2015.
Historians will look back at tonight as the night the country finally moved on from the independence referendum result. 
Took us 10 years of bizarre politics and electoral results right enough, but we’ve done it.

Back to normalcy.

Except pro-Indy polling still suggests 40 odd percent.

And on this side of the Atlantic it's 'normality'.

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

Back to normalcy.

Az a Tory I thought you'd be crying into your black and white striped pajamas this morning?

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Az a Tory I thought you'd be crying into your black and white striped pajamas this morning?

Not when he's a troll, and a very poor one at that.  On the result,  an absolute pumping and thoroughly deserved for the SNP up here, Mhairi Black agreed by saying that they stopped listening to the voters, clearly why she was standing down. I guess we'll see what labour will do, maybe they'll suprise me and look to convince us to rejoin the EU, stop endorsing and enabling the killing of poor folk around the world, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd love to be wrong and labour to do positive things because I don't want things to get worse, but I just can't see it. At the moment I have no one to vote for..