General Election 2024

13 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Only the 600,000 killed during the Red Terror.

Nothing to see.

Even if that massively exaggerated number were true, are you seriously suggesting it’s comparable to the Holocaust? 

3 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Even if that massively exaggerated number were true, are you seriously suggesting it’s comparable to the Holocaust? 

Well you can compare them.

Both were mass killers.

But Hitler killed more than Lenin did.

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Lenin saved lives by getting them out of that imperial bullshit war. Comparing him to Stalin, let alone Hitler, is nonsense.

IMG_2687.jpeg.1a8344bad6cd00cdf13055874a85843d.jpeg

They did the meme. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Voter ID is bad enough but enforced limbo dancing is shocking.

If that doesn't stop the pensioner Tories getting the ballot boxes nothing will.

It'll be after midnight here when the polls close, so I won't be hearing about the results until tomorrow. Bit disappointed as it'll be the first GE since the early 1970s when I've not stayed up to watch every party claim that it's been a good night for them.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MazzyStar said:

They did the meme. 

To be fair, it is quite difficult to tell them apart. Fascism and communism were both big government, centralised mechanisms for organising and controlling societies. Both required mass exterminations of certain groups. Neither were able to meet their stated goals. Both were led by psychopathic personalities with very little genuine empathy for the masses. 

I’m with the weedy, beige centrists on this one lads. 

Edited by The Other Foot

1 hour ago, MazzyStar said:

They did the meme. 

2 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

To be fair, it is quite difficult to tell them apart. Fascism and communism were both big government, centralised mechanisms for organising and controlling societies. Both required mass exterminations of certain groups. Neither were able to meet their stated goals. Both were led by psychopathic personalities with very little genuine empathy for the masses. 

I’m with the weedy, beige centrists on this one lads. 

I believe it's called "horseshoe politics". 

Posted (edited)

I'm really apathetic to it all.

I'm in NE Fife, so it's likely a Lib Dem hold.  No danger of a tory pinching the seat.

I will either

Vote Green

Draw a massive cock and balls

Sit on my arse and watch pointless

Still weighing up the pros and cons

Edited by WullieBroonIsGod

10 minutes ago, WullieBroonIsGod said:

I'm really apathetic to it all.

I'm in NE Fife, so it's likely a Lib Dem hold.  No danger of a tory pinching the seat.

I will either

Vote Green

Draw a massive cock and balls

Sit on my arse and watch pointless

Still weighing up the pros and cons

Guy at work yesterday saying much the same only he rounded it off by stating he was going to vote Reform!

I genuinely believe part of the reason we left the EU was down to folk just 'having a laugh' at the polling both ... as well as all those racist c'nts of course.

6 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Guy at work yesterday saying much the same only he rounded it off by stating he was going to vote Reform!

I genuinely believe part of the reason we left the EU was down to folk just 'having a laugh' at the polling both ... as well as all those racist c'nts of course.

I sometimes wonder if this phenomenon accounts for part of the Trump vote too 

37 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Anyhoo ... first time I've voted in around 10 years where I've felt that I was voting for the losing party.

Rishi thanks you for your service anyway. 

21 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

There was an element of “ f**k the system” in the leave vote that wasn’t connected to racism or jingoism

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

There was an element of “ f**k the system” in the leave vote that wasn’t connected to racism or jingoism

Just connected to being a fucking idiot. Don’t people realise they might actually get what they vote for?