Your Candidates Tonight

I've got nine to choose from. Bit curious about how the lassie with dozens of legs has ended up running against Abla; seems there must have been a bit of internecine squabbling on the go, considering the overlap in interests. Victory for MacAskill would presumably be picking up enough votes to allow Labour to win ahead of the SNP (unlikely either way).

I see the fascist party candidate claims that he has more experience of the real world than the others because his dad let him run one of their businesses which, lol. Surprised we're getting a Galloway candidate, but apparently they're standing in more than 500 constituencies; curious about where the funding's coming from, as it certainly won't be from Gorgeous George's coffers. Infuriating that the only "left-wing" option is his latest grift.

Quite fancy having a purple-haired MP with a choker but, alas.

image.thumb.png.fa695aa4b5aa3f7a28679b7d9b1a0513.png

The Tory appears to be a 12 year old councillor in Aberdeen. The reform wifie some Perth bodybuilder who was on Gladiators back in the day. I’ve met the Alba boy, career councillor. No idea of the Family wifie but she’s registered as living in the riotous Kirkton area of Dundee.

Ponytail beardy ginger baldy it is then.

19 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Update from Dundee central (ugh).

IMG_9581.jpeg

IMG_9582.jpeg

That will be the same Raymond Mennie who, when he was a Labour councillor, was jailed along side a Tory councillor for corruption.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

That will be the same Raymond Mennie who, when he was a Labour councillor, was jailed along side a Tory councillor for corruption.

I admire his indefatigably, as a notorious Dundonian once said.

Good spot from Granny Danger.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12619828.councillors-corruption-appeals-dismissed/

He also seems to have been a Communist Party candidate in recent years.  Not sure if it's a rise or fall in status going from the CPGB to the Gallowayite running dogs of the Workers Party.  Mennie literally came bottom of the North East list in the 2016 election, being beaten by RISE, SOlidarity, The National Front, the Christian Party, the Libertarians and UKIP.

Has there always been such an absence of shame in politics? It feels like a recent thing for people to be publicly caught out as criminals or abject liars, only to continue on regardless, but maybe it's just more apparent now than in the past.

IMG_2230.thumb.jpeg.47bbf37eb3702230da86f2dc3f101561.jpeg

Richard Baker - ex-MSP and husband of Claire Baker. (Melanie Ward being parachuted into Kirkcaldy this time). 

John Beare - local councillor and bag carrier for current MP. Famously got a cafe in Markinch closed down because it was under his flat. Claimed to be a “lay-person” to the planning appeals despite being a chair of a planning committee. 

Debbie McCallum - 🤷‍♂️

Jill Reilly - 🤷‍♂️

Ian Sinclair Smith - 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20240609_091424_Chrome.jpg.5e0a64c28143388dfccddb3a960dc73c.jpgScreenshot_20240609_091402_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b17f1fbe5b9e769d81ef6575c65521ae.jpg

At least it's a bigger selection than the last Holyrood election where it was only the 'Big 4' that stood.

No idea who the Independent is or what she's standing for.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The reform wifie some Perth bodybuilder

Bodybuilding seems to be a hive of far right politics, I've noticed. Internationally, too, for example Brazil has a particularly large bodybuilding culture and they were all hardcore Bolsonaro fans.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Bodybuilding seems to be a hive of far right politics, I've noticed. Internationally, too, for example Brazil has a particularly large bodybuilding culture and they were all hardcore Bolsonaro fans.

The "might is right" crowd, who don't see the comedy in Starship Troopers.

1 minute ago, Lurkst said:

What's Jim's karaoke number?

Material Girl.

Edited by BFTD

image.thumb.png.b19aef63c94af041da8aad523dc0f1f7.png

image.png.ba2267d0a55c2604a7f8eeae249ed93a.png

Joanna Cherry, high profile MP, KC and no stranger to controversy and being at odds with the SNP.  I've seen a few polls and predictions suggest she could keep her seat against a Labour wave, maybe being opposed to the SNP heirarchy can shield her from some backlash.  On the other hand I doubt normal people know anything about it.

Scott Arthur, Edinburgh council transport impressario.  Doubt that will win him many votes, especially not around here where floating parking spaces are not popular.

Didn't know anyhting about the Reform guy, he says he's earned a living on the tools for 50 years and ends his political statement - We need to ditch the globalist corporate driven agendas forced upon us by other captured political parties who serve up a disruptive Woke, Net Zero, Open Borders dystopia that will collapse our society and bankrupt our nation.  "Dear Sir, I am not a crank..." etc

The Green guy I don't think will do that well, although they have been sneaky NIMBYs in the past which will play well in the leafier parts of this constituency.

The Scottish Family Guy's statement expresses support for diversity, stability, helping families, freedom of speech and standing up for what you believe in, he sounds like some sort of pinko commie.

Sue Webber is an MSP for the area and not long ago would have had a good chance to win the seat for the Tories.  Not anymore. 

Had to do some Googling but it turns out that the independent candidate Marc Richard Wilkinson is a campaigner on the pressing issue of.... 5G telecoms masts!  He's crowdfunding £3,600,000 to set up a new peer-to-peer media organisation to bypass mainstream media censorship about 5G.  Feel free to donate here - https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/people-to-people

The Lib Dem looks kind of like a minor character from Peep Show.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The Lib Dem looks kind of like a minor character from Peep Show.

I already thought he looked like a rejected Jez auditionee before I read this  :lol:

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

2bfkpk86409a1.thumb.jpg.34a13ed973b0b36aafcdb94c004461dd.jpg

Dictatorship of the Swoletariat.

Lifters of the world unite, you have nothing to lose but your gainz.