Scottish League Cup (Premier Sports Cup) 2024/25

On 03/07/2024 at 19:46, EdinburghBlue said:

So does this mean that Premier streams games instead of clubs and they take the money?

They don't "take the money", they are the broadcaster who are paying the SPFL for the rights to show games.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

They don't "take the money", they are the broadcaster who are paying the SPFL for the rights to show games.

My point was a question on whether I can no longer pay my club direct for a stream with them getting all the cash but instead have no choice but  to pay the broadcaster for an inferior product with only a small proportion - if any - finding its way back to my club.

In theory yes, but the ability to pay your club direct for a stream has always been with the explicit agreement of the broadcaster, who own exclusive rights to the competition. In this case, it appears that Premier Sports are paying the production costs and providing commentary, and have presumably paid more money to the SPFL to do this too, so I think Stranraer will end up better off via this collective agreement than if they were selling their own streams to 80 people.

17 hours ago, craigkillie said:

In theory yes, but the ability to pay your club direct for a stream has always been with the explicit agreement of the broadcaster, who own exclusive rights to the competition. In this case, it appears that Premier Sports are paying the production costs and providing commentary, and have presumably paid more money to the SPFL to do this too, so I think Stranraer will end up better off via this collective agreement than if they were selling their own streams to 80 people.

Do you know if clubs can PPV stream games not picked for streaming by Premier? Think they allowed this last year as not played at the same time as their selected live games.

19 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Don’t know how the finances will work but I very much doubt that Premier’s streaming services will be better than Stranraer’s own coverage. Stranraers is one of the best there is

Tickets for Dunfermline vs Cove sorted.

"Just" Kelty-Hibs, East Fife-Brechin, St. Andrews Utd-Dunfermline and Kilmarnock-Cercle Bruges to sort out now, LOL...

Also toying with the idea of one of the Friday friendlies at Dundee United or Montrose, although the boy and I have been to both of those already!?

OK, I've just been on the Scottish non-league fixtures age and discovered not only does the Lowland League start the 2nd weekend we are up in Fife, but that both Hearts B and Celtic B are at home on the Friday night, adding a 6th game to the trip!!! I am leaning towards Hearts B to tick off Spartans' ground and also to get a nice day trip on the train to Edinburgh into the bargain.

I'm far too excited for such small news 🙂

Anyone any strong feelings towards either Spartans' or Airdrieonians' grounds? (Bear in mind I went to Edinburgh City last season, lol!)

Edited by barnseytheclaret

On 10/07/2024 at 17:10, barnseytheclaret said:

OK, I've just been on the Scottish non-league fixtures age and discovered not only does the Lowland League start the 2nd weekend we are up in Fife, but that both Hearts B and Celtic B are at home on the Friday night, adding a 6th game to the trip!!! I am leaning towards Hearts B to tick off Spartans' ground and also to get a nice day trip on the train to Edinburgh into the bargain.

I'm far too excited for such small news 🙂

Anyone any strong feelings towards either Spartans' or Airdrieonians' grounds? (Bear in mind I went to Edinburgh City last season, lol!)

Both will be pretty flat as it's B Teams and no one goes to them - and away fans don't like travelling to them.

Neither are particularly amazing but Spartans is probably the more unique of the two, Airdrie is a bit of a flatpack stadium and the town itself isn't that nice compared to Edinburgh, although Pilton (where Ainslie Park is) is a bit rough.

Edited by Ray Patterson

• 2 weeks later...

Last 16

Seeded teams

Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee, Hearts, Kilmarnock, Rangers, Ross County, St Mirren

Unseeded teams

Airdrie, Dundee United, Falkirk, Hibs, Queens Park, Spartans, St Johnstone, Motherwell/ Partick Thistle