Group B 🇪🇸🇭🇷🇮🇹🇦🇱

10 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Unpopular opinions maybe.

I have quite liked Rooney's analysis.

Strikes me as a quiet lad, but you can see he is listening intently and the others obviously respect him.  He is now referencing Totti.

30 minutes ago, The Master said:

That draw means that if England win 3-0 tomorrow, Croatia go through on 2 points, while a team in group E will go out on at least 3 points - and possibly 4. 

They need far more snookers than that. 

Hungary are already ahead of them in the clubhouse for 3rd place teams with 3 points, and groups D and E both have three or more teams on 3+ points. That means the only way that Croatia can qualify with their two points is if both group C and group F have their third placed team on either 1 point, or on 2 with a worse GD/GS record than Croatia.

For that to happen:

England must beat Slovenia by 3+ goals.

Either Serbia must beat Denmark by 3+ goals, or Denmark must win. A draw or a narrow Serbia win would see Croatia eliminated.

Portugal must beat Georgia.

Turkiye must beat Czechia.

You can get about 30/1 on Croatia to qualify. 

Retegui must have a full hard drive of incriminating images on Spaletti to last the entirety of that game. Italy's centre forwards are Scotland-esque levels of garbage. 

They should probably try Chiesa as a false 9 instead of their very false 9s played so far; if not then I fully expect the Swiss to pap them out. 

13 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Was in Pula last night. Hundreds of places all over the town showing the meaningless Germany-Swiss match.

Finally found a bar that also had the Scotland game on a wee tele in the corner.

They cheered and laughed at the last minute Hungarian goal.

Cest La Vie GIF by Bobby Bazini

Shades of the Moroccans goading us after the final whistle at France 98, completely unaware that Norway had scored two late goals in the other game to upset Brazil and knock out Morocco as well. 👍

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Retegui must have a full hard drive of incriminating images on Spaletti to last the entirety of that game. Italy's centre forwards are Scotland-esque levels of garbage. 

They should probably try Chiesa as a false 9 instead of their very false 9s played so far; if not then I fully expect the Swiss to pap them out. 

Italy have been poor in all three of their matches imo whereas Switzerland played very well in their opener, were decent against us and although I didn’t see their game last night, they very nearly beat Germany.

I think Switzerland will win comfortably.

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

Why are you so consistently cynical and angry?

9 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

The best part about the Italian equaliser was hearing Pearce and Mills sound gutted and the tools in the studio trying to sound enthusiastic about the goal while secretly worrying that Italy are still in.

Pearce right before Croatia's penalty - 'It's hit a hand! It's hit a hand!'  Both him and Murphy sounded genuinely gutted at the end.

All of England's rivals for the trophy being relatively comfortable so far is encouraging.  Usually one or two get papped out at the group stage and they end up playing San Marino and the Isle of Wight under 16's in their first couple of knockout matches.