League Cup Group A - Dandies, Diamonds, Doonhamers, Sons & EK

1 minute ago, Aufc said:

Genuinely hope we don’t lay off and go for ten. Suspect he will will make a few changes though

This. Be really disappointed if Airdrie dont put double figures past that mob. See how that wee w**k down plays that. 

Close game here. Well worked goal from us and we've had another couple of chances after Dumbarton got caught playing out the back/playing it quickly on the deck. Frustrating that we've failed to press as much and went long. 

Craic needs to relax. Had a couple of chances but wants too much time. Think he's overthinking it. 

Dumbarton have had a lot of the ball but our GK hasn't been tested yet. Same issues for us as the Aberdeen game though. Sooner Brydon is back the better. 

5 minutes ago, Mr November said:

They’ve had some moments on the break where they’ve looked dangerous but they are quite simply the most stupid team I’ve ever seen Airdrie play. 6-0 down and they still have a full defensive line sitting on the halfway line! Who would have thought that Mick Kennedy is not a tactical genius?

I remember watching a couple of the Youtube episodes of Si Ferry’s stint at Broomhill and he was trying to get a bunch of jobbers to play like prime Barcelona with a high line and passing out from the back. Philosophy etc. I thought they looked honking on Saturday and we missed some real sitters against them, I’m glad to see someone absolutely swording them for their shiteness.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I remember watching a couple of the Youtube episodes of Si Ferry’s stint at Broomhill and he was trying to get a bunch of jobbers to play like prime Barcelona with a high line and passing out from the back. Philosophy etc. I thought they looked honking on Saturday and we missed some real sitters against them, I’m glad to see someone absolutely swording them for their shiteness.

Watched that. Was brilliant viewing tbh. A guy thinking he's a manager and his shite performance at management was all down to the players (Bartley in disguise). Broadfoot crying about the lack of professionalism at LL level. Don't go to that level then ya fanny. 

4 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If this is supposed to be a better indication of the season ahead then it's going to be a long season. We're in front but feck me it's dire.

Hmmm ... just as well any of our pre-season optimism was tempered by "cautious ..."

1 minute ago, Daddy Cheeze said:

7 (seven). Wahey!!!

EK are their own worst enemy.

Make that 8(eight).

Some laugh.

🤣 ... priceless!

You can just imagine the HT team talk ... for christ's sake lads just keep it tight now before this gets any more embarrassing ... that right, aye?

8-0 now

Absolutely hilarious but also a damning indictment that we couldn't beat this lot at home.

EK have precedent for this though don't they? Lost 7-0 in the cup to Tranent last season (?)

All fine and good playing out from the back against Gretna and Caley braves but unless they sort their defence out they're going to found out at times