17 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Actually..... Broadfoot had an ok game and looked the calmest player on the park after Boyes went off.He at least attempted to keep the ball on the deck. 

He was fine tonight tbf, does not mean I trust him!

East Fife impressive again and looked by far the better team throughout the first half. Created a few good chances but just didn't get the breaks in front of goal. Second half a bit more even but best chances again all fell to East Fife. 

PS.. A group of wee fannies stoned the supporters bus after the game.. Was there actually a police presence at the game. 

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

It says everything about our recent form in this competition that I was looking out for the two results tonight hoping for draws!

Before the draw I was quite optimistically looking at St Johnstone as the ideal first seed to get: the extent of the rebuild, the several gambles that Levein would likely make in new signings which have since come to pass, the previous slow starts all add up to make that a great opportunity for a team to capitalise and get out of the group.

Unfortunately all these things which appear to be true and make St Johnstone look like the weakest Premiership team and first seed seem to be the case with Morton as as the weakest Championship team and second seed, to a considerably greater degree. If this team can win at McDiarmid then it means we've either clicked remarkably quickly having shown no signs whatsoever of doing so four days earlier, or St Johnstone are extremely bad. I have no expectation of this coming to pass.

8 hours ago, King Kebab said:

88A1F583-EE03-424D-919F-F5B655084040.jpeg

Worth mentioning the BBC never include the "bonus point", so FotMob better for the group tables.

Screenshot_20240717_065947_FotMob.thumb.jpg.9e556f25c8e5e9f36b596e89ce5dd188.jpg

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Before the draw I was quite optimistically looking at St Johnstone as the ideal first seed to get: the extent of the rebuild, the several gambles that Levein would likely make in new signings which have since come to pass, the previous slow starts all add up to make that a great opportunity for a team to capitalise and get out of the group.

Unfortunately all these things which appear to be true and make St Johnstone look like the weakest Premiership team and first seed seem to be the case with Morton as as the weakest Championship team and second seed, to a considerably greater degree. If this team can win at McDiarmid then it means we've either clicked remarkably quickly having shown no signs whatsoever of doing so four days earlier, or St Johnstone are extremely bad. I have no expectation of this coming to pass.

We struggled v Brechin and could easily have drawn at one point, so you certainly have a chance of beating us tbh. We seem to permanently struggle with crosses and a brand new defence and keeper is probably going to show that up again.

Up front is where we're strongest. Realistically Sidibeh and Kimpioka should be scoring a couple over the next 3 games based on what we saw of them in the league last season, then Carey/Wright should be expected to chip in too.

The big problem is we play the daft set up Scotland use, so the lone striker is always isolated and our two best attacking midfielders are wasted at wing back while absolutely nothing players like Josh McPake and Matt Smith "support" the striker by hiding.

7 hours ago, Spirit of the Mound said:

East Fife impressive again and looked by far the better team throughout the first half. Created a few good chances but just didn't get the breaks in front of goal. Second half a bit more even but best chances again all fell to East Fife. 

PS.. A group of wee fannies stoned the supporters bus after the game.. Was there actually a police presence at the game. 

East Fife were by far the better team last night and should have won in 90 minutes.

Good East Fife support through, we would never take numbers like that to Methil on a Tuesday night.

Thought this season in the less than glamouress League 1 that the local neds might have gone.

Even if the club ban them they will unfortunately just hang around and cause trouble at the end of the game. Really poor that your bus got stoned and hopefully for future games there will be a police presence.

Edited by Magic Hat

I was one of the last to leave the terracing and there were around six stewards standing about and they were probably just doing as instructed. 
From reaching our bus to when it was on the move and hit was only 15 mins. Surely a few of these stewards could have been stationed on the road with little extra cost to the club.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning the BBC never include the "bonus point", so FotMob better for the group tables.

B2B92CCE-E4F2-462B-9BB8-1F6DDE24ECE1.jpeg.c0e833d3068740ae5ad61d1ebd263af2.jpeg

I have no feeling about tomorrow.

If you fail to beat us we have either gel into a real Championship side or you are shite. I am going with the latter. 

The opening home match of this competition did for Callum Davidson a couple of years ago.

We'd had a long struggle sticking with his 5-2-3 formation but had spoken in the press about being more flexible etc...

We turned up to McDiarmid Park to find Charlie Gilmour shoehorned in to the RWB role.

I struggle to believe there is anyone out there who enjoyed the way we tried to play last week.

Looking for some real evidence today that Levein and Kirk are willing to be more adaptable in the way they set the team out this season. But it needs to be backed up with a result as well.

15 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Goals, sending offs and free flowing attacking football will be on show Radford, all we need now is a streaker, you up for it?

As long as you accept that it was very, very cold.

With Baird and Boyes out this means we'll have Corr and Broadfoot at centre back, but we should really be going with Blues at right back, Ballantyne left back and Delaney into centre back beside Corr.

This isn't just borne out of my disdain for Broadfoot and wish that he would retire so I never have to watch him again, though that's undeniably a thing, but even looking at St Johnstone's squad it's a logical thing to do based on the opposition. If they go with Josh McPake on the left again you'd have a bit of confidence in Blues coping with him. When he's had nightmares when filling in at right back he's been up against pacy wingers who are good Championship players or better: McPake is neither of those things. Which doesn't preclude him having a good game today before this comes back to bite me, but if he does it'll say more about where we are in relation to the general standard of the Championship rather than McPake actually being better than League One.

Meanwhile even if you do generally trust Broadfoot to be a first team player for Morton, what you can't do is expect any 39 year old centre back who has become immobile to cope well with pace, and if St Johnstone have either Kimpioka or Sidibeh up there they're likely to give him a horrible afternoon. You need to try and deal with their strengths and Corr & Delaney are more likely to do that.